Tortured Planet v9 (scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v9.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Err, not sure what you meant there, but if you added anything to a wad/level pack with savefile, it wouldn't save it, did you miss the big "Warning; Statistics can't be saved on a moded game!" or something like that, once you loaded the Vector wad?

Fume Shaft Zone Act 1 will be done tomorrow night at the latest.

What I should have said, was that it would be done tomorrow night at the earliest, seeing as it's the day after tomorrow, and it's still not done. I guess I largely underestimated the work left to do on it. It'll get done when It gets done, which shouldn't be TOO long now.

Dubble Post

Fume Shaft Zone Act 1

Finally finished it. Does it sound "Fumy" enough? I tried to give it a thick, suppressing atmosphere by doing all the alternating patterns coming in from every different direction.

I have to say, I was skeptical about the melody when I heard it at first...but when I inserted it into the WAD and listened to it imposed against the actual level, I thought the effect was pretty good. So, yeah, I like this. Keep at it...I see you've started AAZ1.

I have to say, I was skeptical about the melody when I heard it at first...but when I inserted it into the WAD and listened to it imposed against the actual level, I thought the effect was pretty good. So, yeah, I like this. Keep at it...I see you've started AAZ1.

I have no clue why on earth I even did that melody... It just came to me, so I wrote it down, and thought it sounded surprisingly good. Then I just popped some phaser on the Bass Flute and Basson that play in either ear, and I was astonished with the sound of it, so, I kept it.

And yep, I started AAZ. I finally actually played it the other day with Metal Rawr. I wasn't able to beat it all the way through before I had to go though. Heheh, sigsev trick in the UFO was amazing and I totally lol'ed at the corpses lying around the level.
So far, in regards to the music, I've only done a little bit of experimentation with chords. I have these simple chords in my head that I can't seem to put into notes, and it's really bugging me.

What sigsev in the UFO? The only thing wierd about the UFO was that when we both were in it and I clicked the green button that finishes the puzzle, only I got teleported after its alarm went off, and you stayed. How odd was that.

From first listen, I really like the track. You pulled off the "thick" feeling really well. Kinda reminds me of this. No complaints this time ;)

The FSZ1 theme is great! It kind of gives you that "creepy underground mine" theme!
EDIT: Charybdiz, I noticed you started in ECZ3 and that got me wondering, are you going to make separate themes
for each boss?

Last edited:
Do you mean separate a theme tune each time, or using the same tune but remixed with different instruments and tempos?
Probably both.
EDIT: What I meant was, the themes might be made separate from scratch, but sound similar

Last edited:
Yeah, that's right. I'm still jammed over the tune though... I need to think of something.

What I mean that DDZ is too long is that in the area with the pulley, I didn't know what to to do so at first I flew to the top (actually, I used ObjectPlace command) and I fell down, only to find that when I tried to stand on the pull, it worked. It took me about 14 minutes to finish Act 2.

Err, not sure what you meant there, but if you added anything to a wad/level pack with savefile, it wouldn't save it, did you miss the big "Warning; Statistics can't be saved on a moded game!" or something like that, once you loaded the Vector wad?

It didn't say that, all I know is if I load the Tortured Planet wad, the first save file is the zone I was on with the first loaded (character) wad. If I don't load a wad, the save doesn't show up.

... Late post :P

Last edited:
No, DDZ isn't long, it took me about 4 - 5 minutes to complete act 1 at my first time playing it, and act 2 took me about 6 minutes to complete it. But after the first time I got to finish them quickly and quickly. It's just that it was your first time playing a level that you doesn't know very well and that's it.

*Watches PHCC's playtrough videos*
That's, my friend, 'cause your a speedrunner.
It takes me about an average of 11 minutes there, but that's because I want it that way. I just like exploring this place and its gimmicks- it's nicely done. Why should I speedrun a really good map?
*Glares at all of the Singleplayer players that thokfest good maps in OLDC and then calling 'em lame because they couldn't even look at stuff*

Well, I like completing all the levels as fast as possible, then I start to look for emblems, tokens and all the secrets. =)

Oh Fawfulfan, I just remembered something. I'm not sure if I added anything in the game before it happened, so I think I'll check it one more time. Anyhow, I was exploring the archive maps that lead to the older acts, and I suddenly noticed the music doesn't loop. It stopped playing at around 2:49.

No, DDZ isn't long, it took me about 4 - 5 minutes to complete act 1 at my first time playing it, and act 2 took me about 6 minutes to complete it.
There isn't a single game out there in this series where a Zone takes over sixteen minutes to complete.
First time or not, that's a ridiculous length that just make the levels seem padded out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back