Tortured Planet v9 (scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v9.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of FSZ, I really need some advice on texturing. Fume Shaft suffers from a lack of consistent or relevant textures. Does anyone either have any suggestions for changes to the textures or custom texture sets that I can use?
You need to narrow the texture set. I think you should completely throw out the SHALE textures, SANDWLL, and ERZROCK. Instead, you could lay a stronger emphasis on ROCKWLL and MRNR. Yes, I know FSZ2 practically relies on ERZROCK, but it doesn't really fit the theme at all. You will probably have to retexture the whole zone from scratch.

I'm not that far in TP, but I like it a lot.
Though I noticed, it's not compatible with XSRB2. The funny thing is, that after finishing the first level in XSRB2, it says "Try Again". Level Select gets unlocked. Now I can use Level Select on XSRB2 AND the standard SRB2.

Can someone else confirm/deny this? I see nothing out of the ordinary.

I played the entire first zone and loaded up MAP04 successfully in XSRB2. I am unable to reproduce the bug, Inuyasha.

Hey, guys, I discovered a solution to the problem of the old DDZ graffiti. I'll do to it what I did to the FSZ pipes--I will change it into a partially transparent texture which can be applied to any wall. This means it won't repeat unrealistically, and it also means that it will be independent from the uglier DCZ bricks.

Hey, guys, I discovered a solution to the problem of the old DDZ graffiti. I'll do to it what I did to the FSZ pipes--I will change it into a partially transparent texture which can be applied to any wall. This means it won't repeat unrealistically, and it also means that it will be independent from the uglier DCZ bricks.

Speaking of pipes, I wouldn't mind a part where you go into the Sewage through a big pipe in DDZ. I personally think it would look coolio.

A sewer that ends in a loop?! I think he means more like that acid sewer that was in that Acid Missile mod. Except without the acid.

SpiritCrusher said:
That is... a sewer? Make it look like a sewer, NOW!

Yes, with all the DCZ textures I thought it was some messed up building or something. Use concrete as such as well as acid, that's what you get in sewers!

Jeck said:
A sewer that ends in a loop?! I think he means more like that acid sewer that was in that Acid Missile mod. Except without the acid.

Yes, it would be cool to explore the maze like structure of a sewer as well as the little paths on the side, perhaps some buttons to open gates.

Use concrete as such as well as acid, that's what you get in sewers!

Try something like this but also remember that sewers are closed in and if the sewer will open up into one big sewer room, add holes with water pouring out as well as a ceiling enclosing it to give the impression that it is a sewer.

I will do that, and I might also try to create holes in the ceiling. And just to be absolutely clear, I will also make a broken sign lying on the ground that says "EGG SEWER".

BTW, as for the acid missile sewer, I actually think that looks less like a sewer than mine. The only reason it's obvious that it's a sewer is that you enter and exit it from holes in the road.

Last edited:
You're not gonna remove the loop though, are you? I always considered it surprisingly well placed considering how it usually doesn't have a place in SRB2.

Sewer maze? Oh, no. I hate mazes. I do lose a lot of time in them, and in time attack, they make the unlockable impossible to be released. And I think that AAZ tunes must be changed urgently. It's boring and we forget it easily. I noticed that in Sonic's games the last stages have better musics than those. Just look at Sky Sanctuary, Death Egg (S3&K) and Chaos Angel (Sonic Advance 3). I was listening to a little song on my mother's phone, from Nokia. The music is in default memory and its name is Mars. I listened to it and I thought that that song would fit better than the present one. If some on can find the song and listen to it, can pick an opinion. Then here is my word.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Um. I really need to say that what I like for most in TP are the puzzles, that are few. I beg to you, please, improve the present puzzles and put more of them. Please. I'll be thankful.

Last edited:
Don't worry. I have absolutely no intention of turning the sewer into a maze. Also, can you elaborate on which puzzles you would like to see improved?

The gargoyles' puzzle on DDZ2. In fact, in the diagonal springs part, I can't aim rightly and the gargoyle falls on the corner of the pillar. Then i have to push difficultly to the center, and stop to breath. That's annoying. And the GCZ2 one must urgently be "puzzled". I was thinking on a right combi written on the walls of the palace, then the player needs to remember it inside the room, with all buttons up and more time to solve it. The combi will be written randomly on the beginning, on the corridors, you can figure out where. The player must push them all in the right order. These combinations that I'm saying could look like codes that the "old civilizations" used to go thru that door.

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Oh, and I think you should use the Egg Sand Sub on Miscellaneous for GCZ3. Please! It could be more interesting.

Last edited:
I'll widen the pillars in DDZ so that that is less likely. However, I'm not so sure about your proposal for GCZ. The problem is that I don't think it would be as cool in practice as it is in theory. I believe that many players would find it irritating and dull to have to memorize combinations for a button push. Certainly it would be unfair to give them a time limit like on the existing puzzle. If they genuinely forgot the puzzle combination, all they could do would be to hopelessly push random buttons until they got buried under rising sand.

And fine, because everyone is insisting, I will attempt to use the Egg Sand Sub. No guarantees it'll work well though, in which case I'll revert back to the ordinary boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back