Top players on Srb2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll notice that I've corrected your sentence for optimum readability. No need to thank me, though!
You added one coma.

And I'm pretty good in one-on-one matches (after a few loses).

The greatest players in SRB2 are those who can face failure, without being a sore loser. These players are usually the most fun to face, as they don't make the game turn sour over a loss.

Examples of such are Mystic, Megasonic, ST218, Ritz, along with a long list of others who i've neglected to mention.

An example of somebody who is quite the opposite, is Sabre. No need to get into detail of this, really.

Ok, Ritz was an odd entrance into the category, but randomly screaming "Death." ain't that bad, once you're used to it. *shot*

True. Besides, you can learn alot from losing than winning.

Some people who I faced was better than me and I was better than them. I met this one girl who didn't seem like a beginner and me and my friends was thinking about having a 1 on 1 CTF. I was against her and i kept getting the flag and scoring more than she was. Until I got like 7 points, she got pissed off and left.

<bobby> goddamn clag
<bobby> stupid contest level
<bobby> goddamn clag
<bobby> blast this lag
<bobby> goddamn clag
<bobby> pause already!!!
<bobby> goddamn clag

See, I can make plenty of excuses! D:

In a more related note, Mystic is heavily superior to Megasonic.

But screw being the best player. With CTF, you can still suck and yet still be extremely useful to the team, unlike Match, where you are pretty much a walking ragdoll. The wonders of pitting teams...

In Match, the generally more aggressive player wins. CTF is when your clashing playstyles can go to a great advantage.

Skill in CTF is always less needed. Look, 3 newbies with a good strategy against 1 awesome player. 1 newbie goes get the flag, 1 newbie defends, and the other defends too and once the flag is stolen, chases the awesome player. The other defending newbie helps the flag newbie with a hiding place. Once the flag is stolen, you can just hide in unthinkable places. In map80 for example, running around on the place where Tails/Knuckles normally uses rails. Or in the Dual Fortress map, Tails flies the flag carrier to the top of the waterfall in the hidden cave.

Really, hiding is a really cheap, but effective way to win. The awesome player might be superfast and stuff, but he'll probably get hit sometime in the match. Due to the lack of a ability, that player won't be able to go to those high places such as the waterfall cave. And, since he/she doesn't have any team members, the hope is lost.

Zanyhead said:
I can beat any 3 people in ctf by myself in Metal Star zone if that means anything.

I can to, but the problem I see is nobody use teamwork.

Not always. Mainly on my teams we don't use teamwork at all. When I first came here, people used a lot of teamwork. Now you hardly see that.

Like I even care...

See, this is why I absolutely love CTF. There's a lot of skill involved in it, and that's why I like to call it a mix between Coop, Match, and Race.

In similarity to cooperation, you do just that: work together. You want sort out some sort of pattern, even if you aren't verbally organizing a plan with everyone. If someone doesn't know what role to take, then it's likely the others are going to struggle and the other team will gallop back to their base with your flag. Many effective patterns is where every person has a different job; one can be sniper, another stays by home base and guards the flag, another grabs the enemy flag while another protects, and the last camps out at the enemy base. What I've also seen done is where the entire team runs as offense all at once and wipe out everyone in their path simply by strength in numbers.

In fact, I think I'll write a wiki article on this. I've had this idea stored in my head for a while.

EDIT: Eh, on the other hand, I don't even know where to put it.... meh, I'll just write another map techniques guide while I'm on.

EDIT: I have my "rites" mixed up.

Liek, I met this uber-1337 guy in a netgame who's name is Player *! He liek totally pwned everyone so duh, he's the best :roll:

Blue Warrior said:
See, this is why I absolutely love CTF. There's a lot of skill involved in it.

No, even the worst player can be quite usefull in CTF. Just depends on what their job is.

Rival said:
True, when in something like Team Match or CTF, TEAMWORK WILL ALWAYS HELP YOU WIN!!!

Teamwork is kinda hard to do in team match. And thats where its all about who's in your team.

Red team:
Mystic
Penopat
Ubern00b2007

Gold team:
Super Mystic Sonic
MegaSonic
Furiousfox

Who would win? Well, although Mystic and Penopat might be better than me, MegaSonic, and Furious, there's the that they have ubern00b2007 in their team. Not only does that make a disadvantage in attack, but in especially in defense. My team could easily hunt down Ubern00b2007 and win, no mather how good Mystic and Penopat would be. My team would get LOADS of points just because of the n00b. And thats why team match can be quite unfair.

I am quite well at match, myself. Here's my list(coop and match only)
Coop:
Mystic
Furiousfox
Unknown
Torgo
I would mention mysel,f but I'm not that cocky.
Match:
Mystic
FuriousFox(even as Tails he managed to kick my ass)
Secret(be beleives he's good, and I sorta agree)
Mystery
Nastradamous(agressive, serious, hardcore)
Jman

I think mystic is the best player in srb2. but furious fox, spazzo, jjames, jman, super mystic sonic and a couple of others are close behind him.

I have only played for a couple months but im quite good. im probably the best noob out there! :D

Ritz said:
Super mystic sonic said:
This entire post is somewhat correct.
I am actually somewhat not smart.

Seriously, how the hell else does Mystic get so many points? He just hits on all the n00bs and only hits the good players when they appear in front of him.

Actually, no, I think the n00bs just walk in front of him and let themselves get annihilated. Either way, grinding on (a) n00bility means piss easy points. Also note he was talking about team match only.

Also, "Player *" is this other guy I met on the netgames. He totally pwned everyone, I swear he's better than... uhh... Halofire. I think.

Penopat, I simply go after anyone I've hit once, and attempt to kill them. Generally, I hit people who suck more often. After all, someone who is previously hit is less likely to be able to fight back against being hit again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back