• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Toon ZIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonic100000 said:
Hiya! Im planning to make a ZIM wad, in a more cartoon-ie way. I've gotten all the rotate sprites, check them out!
toonzimrotate.png
tags repaired

DEAR GOD! That looks nothing like Zim!

Yes, that doesn't look like Zim. Zim is thinner, and his head isn't just a square.

This makes me wish so bad that there was a Tutorial section on the MB so I can make tutorials on how not to make these eyesores.

Uggh, what the heck is that supposed to be!?

Oh, right, Zim.

A word to the wise: try looking at how other sprites were made. Don't just follow your instincts here--the instincts of first-time wadders tend to suck.

Does he have a DRESS on?! XD

Seriously though... I'm sorry, but this is awful.

And did anyone else's eyes catch on fire?

Torgo, that is much more like Pillow shading, but the left-most sprite in SSN's post was somewhat pillow shaded as well.

Chrispy said:
This makes me wish so bad that there was a Tutorial section on the MB so I can make tutorials on how not to make these eyesores.

I agree all the way.
First Flappers the Bat, then Slippy the Pengiun, now this.
My eyes really hurt.

Had anyone seen the the topic, its toon zim, TOON ZIM! Im going to retry if people are saying its horrible.

It was done with Paint, not MS Paint, next time im using my only other art program, Paint.NET

Paint = MS Paint

MS = Microsoft
Using a different program does not instantly increase your spriting skills, and Zim is already a Toon, so...

Basically you need to improve your basic observational skills, because the sprites are very un-accurate at the moment.

Take an image of Zim and try to break it up into different shapes, take one of these shapes and try to reproduce it as accurately as possible, I'd repeat this a few times, comparing the shapes back to back until you get something resembling the actual image, carry on doing this for all the shapes that make up the image.

But seriously, practice, practice and practice your observational skills, no amount of changing programs or getting predantic about shading is going to mask your core ability to accurately recognise and reproduce shapes (which is honestly the main problem here, everything else, shading etc. can be worked out at a later date).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back