To stupid to understand teleport linedefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

csmgiw

Yes I am, I read the wiki, tagged my sectors, put down my destnations, any then went to test it.... Sonic kissed the wall.

It didn't work...

Can anyone please tell me and other n00bs map maker, how the **** do you work this linedef

Use a linedef executor, and give it a tag. Make a sector outside the level, use the Each Time executor, give it the same tag as the linedef executor sector, and on another line, use the Teleport Player linedef executor. Tag it to the sector you want it to teleport to, and in that sector, put a Teleport Destination thingy.

What, a better explanation? Get someone else to do it kthxbye.

In other words...make a teleport sector,Then put a teleport destination in the place and direction of it.The teleport destination is an object,that is shorter

howtodoitgp6.png

Should explain it all... ;)

Well, if you are creating that ThokBarrier after you finished the level you'll see that all border sidedefs will be resetted... Which is VERY annoying. ;)

wow, I make a log look smart, cause it still aint working All it did was make the sector pitch black

I did read the first post. But I didn't think you actually checked that article (OK, it is pretty recent).

Start Sector: Sector Type 975. Tag it to a new unused tag.
Control Sector's Linedef: Trigger Each Time. Tag it to the same tag as the start point sector.
Control Sector's other linedef: Teleport player to sector. Tag it to the next unused tag.
End Sector. Tag this to the Teleport player to sector linedef.
Thing. Put it in the Teleport Destination Sector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back