Tips for making 6 minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJames19119

Why did they remove Grey
Ehhh, excuse me if this makes me seem like a n00b at the game but I find the only thing truly hard and frustrating about SRB2 is the insane 6 minute goal for 1P Mode. I try, and try, and try but the best time I could ever get is 8 minutes and 17 seconds. :| Can anyone offer tips on getting through this super hard feat.

No, I haven't completed ultimate mode, I suck.

Thok, thok alot.

In THZ2, spin on the conveyer belts, it makes you go really fast (though this does defy many laws of physics >.>).

And in general, don't worry for get any items.

And there is a "secret" passage at the begin of GFz 1 (but between quotes because it's the first thing that you can see, after some rings and crawlas).

Maybe I'm just not good enough... x_x

I always have trouble in THZ2, CEZ1 and 2. No matter how hard I try I cannot make any of them under a minute and 10 seconds. (But at least I lowered my overall time to 6:48) Man, you know how accurate you have to be to make even DECENT times on GFZ 1 & 2? Best I could get was 14 seconds on act 1 and 39 seconds on act 2. X_x

That's just brushing the reccord, actually. GFZ1 = 13sec, GFZ2 = 36 sec.
Use the extra time that you gain in GFZ1 & 2 to help with the other levels.

Actually, ever since the multi-thok was taken out, I haven't been able to make the 6 minute record, either. It'll probably be relaxed a little in 1.09.

You also don't need to beat the game in 6 minutes in one whole go. You can use the level select to try for your best time per level at a time.

Actually, hotdog, I've gotten 27 seconds in GFZ2.

Basically, to get 6 minutes requires dedication and a lot of skill. The reward for doing it is just a picture, so the 6 minute thing is more of a "You're awesome at this game, here's something harder to do."

Heck, I've beaten the game with 6:24 with Tails, 5:52 with Knuckles, and 5:03 with Sonic. What you have to do is, thok alot, and don't stop for items. (Including speedy shoes.) When you come to narrow bridges and stuff, and if you arent good in aiming, DO NOT THOK. Then, when you are done with the bridge, THOK.

I don't even need to try to get 6 minutes anymore, I just go through at tnormal speed and I usually make the time ^^;.

SSNTails said:
Actually, ever since the multi-thok was taken out, I haven't been able to make the 6 minute record, either. It'll probably be relaxed a little in 1.09.

Of all people... :P

It's nice to know someone can't do it like me, though I'll get to it eventually.

...and how the hell do you get lower than 30 seconds on GFZ2? O_o

And judging from the topic of choice here, maybe there should be a best times scoreboard....

JJames19119 said:
SSNTails said:
...and how the hell do you get lower than 30 seconds on GFZ2? O_o

In the first pool of water on the right, there's a red spring.
Hit that, fly around the corner and land on a floating platform.
That platform will go up, so turn around and when it gets to the top, thok like crazy. You'll go down a river-like thing and then see the waterfall. Jump off the waterfall, go down the cave and touch the sign.
Best time I've gotten doing this is 26 seconds.

Edit: Here's an instructional video :)
http://home.comcast.net/~mlmars/GFZ2Instruction.avi

Holy crap, I didn't realize that you could reach those floating platforms with that spring! o_o I'll have to try that osmetime...

You CAN, but it's really, really tricky. Obviously, if you do it regularly, you seem to have caught hang of something I haven't, since most of the times I try, I fail miserably. :)

1.) Somehow that video reminds me of a glitch from Mario 64. Dunno what, though...

2.) You should, just for the "hell" of it, make a video explaining how in god's name you're able to finish HellFire so damned fast. Not even I can do that! >.>

Oh, and one more thing; How, pray tell, did you get that video to compress to something THAT TINY?! It's madness! O_o

1) Send me hellfire again, I don't have it.
2) I recorded it, then I used Virtual Dub to encode it in XviD and I lowered the quality some. I was gonna leave it without compressing it, but it was a crazy 90 MBs! x_x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back