Resource icon

Time Attack Pace Comparision v1.1

SilicDev

Amateur Speedrunner and Programmer
SilicDev submitted a new resource:

Time Attack Pace Comparision - Check your pace at every checkpoint!

Time Attack Pace Comparision

This addon uses the MT_STARPOST mapthings to add custom starposts into the map during Time Attack mode. Hitting one of these fake starposts records the time you've taken to reach it, displaying your pace like in Sonic Generations!​

To save the data the script determines the order of any hit starpost and writes the current leveltime to a file named according to the complete level name and the used skin. Additionally every attempt...

Read more about this resource...

SilicDev submitted a new resource:

Time Attack Pace Comparision - Check your pace at every checkpoint!

Read more about this resource...
I really like this feature! This should be added to vanilla!
Just a heads up, I found that star posts triggered in time attack will have the same timer effect in single player, but only after you use it in record attack.
Rather than making a whole new star post object, you could have modified the behavior of the existing star posts to display the time difference and have that function only execute when record attack is being played.

Besides those two minor nitpicks, I think your addon is great! Welcome to releases!

About the custom starpost: I was working under the assumption that the game would just remove the starposts in Time Attack so I didn't want to rely on them.
About the effect showing up in singleplayer: in 2.2.13 the feature should be available in singleplayer anyway, unless you mean it only shows up if record attack had been done before? Then I might have a bug to fix >.<

About the custom starpost: I was working under the assumption that the game would just remove the starposts in Time Attack so I didn't want to rely on them.
About the effect showing up in singleplayer: in 2.2.13 the feature should be available in singleplayer anyway, unless you mean it only shows up if record attack had been done before? Then I might have a bug to fix >.<
Sorry, I'm in lua brainrot mode lol.
By Single Player I meant the campaign mode.

Ok I have to ask again: Marathon or Normal Singleplayer? For both it is intended to show it. Obviously on a first playthrough of a level it won't show it as no data has been recorded yet.

Ok I have to ask again: Marathon or Normal Singleplayer? For both it is intended to show it. Obviously on a first playthrough of a level it won't show it as no data has been recorded yet.
Oh, so it is supposed to work in the campaign.
Sorry, this line I screenshot gave me the impression that this addon was only supposed to work in Time Attack mode.
My bad!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    6.3 KB · Views: 43
This is because in 2.2.11 and before most people aiming for this sort of pace comparision are going to use Record Attack in those versions anyway. But for later versions I chose to enable it as Emblems can now be optained in normal play.

SilicDev updated Time Attack Pace Comparision with a new update entry:

ConsVar Update

- Updated the script to use modeattacking instead of a custom function to check for record attack
- Fixed a bug in 2.2.11 that broke the script when directly jumping into singleplayer.
- Added the singleplayer_posts console variable that handles if starposts in singleplayer/marathon mode should trigger the script. For 2.2.11 and earlier the default value is No while newer versions will default to Yes

Read the rest of this update entry...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back