Thok Item and Spin item list for those making Wads

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a "suggestion/help" for others when in the S_SKIN of their wad you can use thokitem and spintitem I saw how you could not see a list of the items so i decided to make one for you guys

For example this will cause an effect like Flame The Hedgehog, or Super Mystic Sonic,
How FTH has the flames behinds him when he thoks/spins and Emerald things For SMS.

# What the Item is

Item 1 = Blue Crawla
Item 2 = Red Crawla
Item 3 = Eggman boss
Item 4 = Nothing
Item 5 = Rings (Free rings when you jump or spin if set!)
Item 6 = Ringbox -10 rings
Item 7 = Silver RingBox -20 rings
Item 8 = Chaos emerald token for special stage
Item 9 = Invincibility Box
Item 10 = Bubble Shield -lets you breathe underwater!
Item 11 = Hover fan
Item 12 = Bubbles –the ones underwater that let you breathe
Item 13 = Flower –the one with orange petals
Item 14 = Ring Shield –one that makes rings follow you
Item 15 = Inferno Shield –fire shield
Item 16 = Yellow spring
Item 17 = Super Sneakers
Item 18 = Red spring
Item 19 = Nothing
Item 20 = Nothing
Item 21 = A little cloud of smoke
Item 22 = Blue spring
Item 23 = Nothing
Item 24 = Nothing
Item 25 = Rings –again (Free rings when you thok or spin if set!)
Item 26 = Flicky –blue bird that spawns off a Crawla when destroyed
Item 27 = Bunny –bunny that spawns off a Crawla when destroyed
Item 28 = Nothing
Item 29 = Nothing
Item 30 = Nothing
Item 31 = Nothing
Item 32 = Nothing
Item 33 = Glitter –the glitter that appears when you get a ring
Item 34 = Super Form Glitter thing
Item 35 = Glitter that appears when you get invincibility
Item 36 = Nothing
Item 37 = Nothing
Item 38 = Nothing
Item 39 = Nothing
Item 40 = Nothing
Item 41 = Nothing
More items will be checked and added soon.

So for example in the S_SKIN you would do this to Put rings in for a spindash attack. You would type this exactly-

spinitem = 5

Yes it should, but I can do that later. And I don't mind trying to find out what they are either. I got all these listed out in like um.....7 minutes.

It's more convenient to be in a list like this, one which you can press ctrl+F and search.

Although why isn't this list on the Wiki?

Um...you can just open up SOCedit and look in "things." The number that stands in front of the thing is the number you might want to put in thok/spinitem.

Well, this list is slightly more convenient, in that it lists the effect of the object, rather than a keyword, which is often hard to understand.

Not true. Whoever actually chose to delete their SOCEDIT as soon as they downloaded SRB2, is most likely really ignorant. Who would do that? If you don't know what it is, you don't get rid of it (it could be a key component to an application). Maybe you got rid of SOCEDIT, but I doubt most did (I didn't), and instead, maybe you shouldn't be using the fact that you did, to compare to everyone. SMS became good at SOCing (although I wouldn't call him a master) by messing around in SOCEDIT.

Speak for yourself, not everyone else, because you just end up looking like an idiot.

srb20067.png

srb20071.png

srb20075.png

srb20093.png

With all sorts of weird things like this that can be done (some can even crash the game), I even asked for this functionality to be removed some time ago.

I actually kinda like it, Digi. It lets you do things like smoke trails instead of the crappy MSPaint trails that are used by default.

Does it matter to know. And you know people may have deleted soc edit, but most people don't bother with it and Don't know about the thing list in it so stop criticising me!!!!!!!! :x

It's okay. Text really isn't the best form of communication, in any event. Things get lost, like tone especially, you know. There's a big responsibility in communication on all parties, and as I see it, not a lot of people really get that. (Not exactly anyone's fault, but still.) :)

"Why put it in the SRB2 Wiki?" people: Convenience. That's why I'd put it there.

"Nobody deletes SOCEdit except you" people: I deleted it at one point. That's when I didn't know a thing about SOCs. :)

"With all sorts of weird things like this that can be done (some can even crash the game), I even asked for this functionality to be removed some time ago" people: Yeah, I guess I should make it more known that that was a half-joke, anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back