This needs to be addressed to. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Secondly, you need to think outside the board more.
BrakStrat1.gif

Huh, I never knew you could do that. I should try doing that next time I fight this guy in MP.

Eliwood, like every other argument like this, there is a bunch of exaggeration on both sides. The OP is clearly being absurd, but the claims that there are no problems at all are also absurd. The trick to figuring out how to improve things is to glean the real problems out of hyperbole and bullshit.

Eliwood, like every other argument like this, there is a bunch of exaggeration on both sides. The OP is clearly being absurd, but the claims that there are no problems at all are also absurd. The trick to figuring out how to improve things is to glean the real problems out of hyperbole and bullshit.

Mystic, you cannot deny that it is not very clear on how to avoid the attack. In fact, someone had to TELL me on a Co-op server how to avoid it.

Actually, I can deny it. I dodged it first try without being told what the attack was (back when the arena was different and it was harder to do), and most of the people I tested the boss on before release attempted to dodge it properly and just failed to be fast enough the first time. It's not like it's beyond reason to expect the player to figure out you can line of sight the attack, especially considering things to line of sight it with just happened to pop up.

Now, just like everything else, different players come into the game with different levels of gaming experience (unrelated to SRB2) and therefore are going to react to the same thing differently. While my testers reacted to it thinking they needed to use line of sight to block the shot, it's pretty clear that some players aren't figuring this out and that the attack needs better telegraphing to help players who aren't used to line of sight as a gameplay mechanic.

I tested the boss on before release attempted to dodge it properly and just failed to be fast enough the first time.

I essentially did the same thing. The problem for me is figuring out where he's firing from and being able to react fast enough to find the small things that come up. Honestly I think instead of popping up for only that attack those kinds of things should be there the whole time or something. Like show the player outside of just that attack that getting behind like a wall or something will be important instead of it being as situational as it is right now.

While my testers reacted to it thinking they needed to use line of sight to block the shot, it's pretty clear that some players aren't figuring this out and that the attack needs better telegraphing to help players who aren't used to line of sight as a gameplay mechanic.
Which, as a casual reminder, is already programmed in to the next version.

I essentially did the same thing. The problem for me is figuring out where he's firing from and being able to react fast enough to find the small things that come up. Honestly I think instead of popping up for only that attack those kinds of things should be there the whole time or something. Like show the player outside of just that attack that getting behind like a wall or something will be important instead of it being as situational as it is right now.
The arena originally had these curved walls, always-present, in the place of the pop-up columns. They were removed because they totally trivialized all of Brak's other attacks. Granted, while you're hiding behind one of them you're not kiting him into lava, but it was just a bit too much on the side of easy. Having the floor pop up was something of a compromise, since you need something to hide behind for this attack, while at least the others you can dodge.

The arena originally had these curved walls, always-present, in the place of the pop-up columns. They were removed because they totally trivialized all of Brak's other attacks. Granted, while you're hiding behind one of them you're not kiting him into lava, but it was just a bit too much on the side of easy. Having the floor pop up was something of a compromise, since you need something to hide behind for this attack, while at least the others you can dodge.

I think some bigger walls would be nice to have then because right now they're way too small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back