This has been bugging me for a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash said:
The only way we can be certain that this problem has ended is if mikesword122 actually reads this post, fully understands it, and starts writing posts with some substance rather than emptyness (with added grammarness, punctuationness, and spellingness), but I doubt that will happen, so... oh well.

How incredibly, unbelievably, and depressingly true...

mikesword221 said:
But this is the only thing I do everyday pretty much.
Really? There's more out there. Go outside and get active. If you hate the Sun trying to hug you, read a book. If you are into the gaming world, grab a game and just play. Maybe there's a new game you like? Go to your local electronic store. Hate the book you are reading now? Go to your public libary for new ones. Want to visit your friend? Call him and go there, if it is ok. A girl you like that you would wager your chances on? All else fails? You can do anything!

Could you guys stop this?It's getting childish.I mean really have you every seen a grown man complain that some one is just posting a lot cause he sees the need to post what he thinks about what is going on?That is just childish.(sorry if that was backseat modding.I just don't like people saying bad things about me.)

EDIT:Not talking to you Samus Aran.

Can we stop critisizing you? No. We're not, because you just won't stop when people want you to. Stop posting just to get the thrill of posting. It's like you're addictied to posting, just because you can, just like some people are addictied to drugs. We want you stop. It isn't funny.

mikesword221 said:
I'm just going to let the admins and mods take care of this.Oh and I don't post just to raise my post count or get respect and popularity.

All the proof whe need to prove that Ash is telling the truth.

mikesword221 said:
I just don't like people saying bad things about me.)

EDIT:Not talking to you Samus Aran.
Heck, this place is full of bad critics,and constructive critics.(no affence) So goodluck trying to find somone who wont. (no Affense).

Kitsune said:
*pictureness*
That made my jaw drop 20 feet.

I agree with everybody here. Mikesword, you are a post whore. Really, stop doing it, it's annoying as hell to see about 10 of your posts in a topic, all of them about 8 words. I find myself thinking "How much of a life does this guy have that makes him post THAT much?" every time I see you doing this. I mean, really. I have NO life at all, but I manager to do something else than posting 10 times a day. I've registered in September and you've registered in December. I've posted 123 times (excluding this) and you've posted 729 times. I see irony in that. 123 vs. 729 times. You've only been registered for 2 months, and that's a crazy amount of posts. It wouldn't be as bad if you had somewhat decent typing skills, but sadly, you don't. If you've noticed, the majority of active users have proper grammar. I do, and I always used chat speak a long time ago, but I've grown past that. Why can't you type proper, decently sized, helpful posts, instead of your "half a line" posts? I don't care for post count, why can't you?

(Yay, my longest post!)

Mike: Posting because you can is being immature.
I mean really have you every seen a grown man complain that some one is just posting a lot cause he sees the need to post what he thinks about what is going on?
And this adult seems a lot like you.

Maybe I should just remove the posting statistics from the profile page.

Sonict said:
You know, the funny thing about me is that I have been here since March 22, 2006 and I only have around 600 posts. I have the lowest post count in the whole admin/mod group. Yet, despite that, I have gotten respect from the people on IRC and here for doing my job and getting rid of the bad apples.

Darn.. I thought I was winning that battle.

Augh! I'm decreasing my chances!

SSNTails said:
Maybe I should just remove the posting statistics from the profile page.

Sonict said:
You know, the funny thing about me is that I have been here since March 22, 2006 and I only have around 600 posts. I have the lowest post count in the whole admin/mod group. Yet, despite that, I have gotten respect from the people on IRC and here for doing my job and getting rid of the bad apples.

Darn.. I thought I was winning that battle.

Augh! I'm decreasing my chances!

Too bad removing it won't stop MikeSword221 from posting so much. It won't make a difference and I prefer to keep that. I had enough of the removels already. Please. I don't want any more limitations...

mikesword221, people wouldn't feel the need to complain but the fact of the matter is that when you post, it is mostly either completely frivolous, one line posts or nigh-on-unreadable turd. Before posting, consider: Do I add something worthwhile to the topic? Really, if your reply doesn't do anything useful, why put it there? Not all of your posts are without merit or purpose, but they get drowned in a rolling sea of inane drivel that rarely extends past a single line. Not all of my posts extend on for paragraphs, but often I begin a post and realise: My point has been mentioned already. We're not asking you to stop posting, we're asking you to post things that are worth reading.

Posting to add to the topic is fine, posting to post is not. Besides, if your not adding anything
to the topic when you post, technically your spamming am I right?

Also, the post above me wins.

Ok, kudos for Kitsune for shedding a bit more light on the topic. While I wouldn't have done it in the same fashion as you did, it certainly helped.

mikesword211 said:
beaning called a post whore.I don't even know what that is.

I called you that. Do you know what it means now?

By the way, for any of those who don't remember, there was a time where post count WAS removed...I think that plugin disabled after sepwich restarted, or something. I just know that there was a time when you couldn't see it at all.

Are Orangelink and Sumakima conjoined or something? Seriously wherever I see one, I see the other(agreeing to the other's post).

More to the point. I don't mind Mikesword posting, the posts should just have some meaning, and/or add to the topic.

Edit: What's kitsune doing on a yu-gi-oh site?

Post count used to be completely disabled, but you could still determine the order of the count by using the search (<post> results found) so when the tables were updated we didn't bother to keep the count hidden.

In general, don't post unless you're actively adding something to the conversation. "That's cool" and other one-line posts don't add anything, and spam up the forums with useless crap. Simply only post when you can write at least two full sentences and you should be fine. Remember, your objective isn't to make every topic at the top of the display have your name in the "last replied by" field.

For an example, look at my posting history: http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/search.php?search_author=Mystic

Most of my posts have at least two sentences and add something to the topic.

Now, look at yours: http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/search.php?search_author=mikesword221

Most all of your posts are one sentence or sentence fragment, and frequently have no real content. If I posted as much as you, I'd have 16100 posts, which is almost three times our current #1 poster, Shuffle. You don't need to reply to EVERYTHING.

Kitsune, this falls under backseat moderation. If you feel the administrators have neglected something you would like addressed, message an administrator privately. I read all the PMs I get, whether or not I reply to them.

Consider this dealt with by an administrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back