This has been bugging me for a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyan Ryan

Netcode Nancy
Every single recent topic I look in, there's 5-6 posts per page by the same person. Who makes these posts? Mikesword122. I'm getting a bit tired of this...Anyone agree with me?

Ahem. If I may... You see, you just post, to post. You never add to the topic, or help. And, no, what you do isn't replying. It's just spamming. Stop it. If you want to be a post whore, go to digibutter. But, you can only be accepted there if you post with good grammar and such. OK, then?

badposting.png

It's not the posts per day, it's the constant posting. The PPD is only an average of his daily posts. He can post once one day and 20 the next day and it'll say that.

On-topic, I've been here since October 2006, and I post frequently. My post count isn't even half of mikesword122's, and I get a lot more respect than he does, which just goes to show that Ash's whole "post count does not matter" thing is meaningful.

It also gets annoying to see some stupid red Sonic recolor from a furry maker thing on DA 50 times per day, plus "Never fear,Mikesword122 is here!(trips on a banana peel)" or whatever.

Too bad Ash deleted his meaningful, beautiful and totally awesome post. Mike. You HAVE to stop posting one-lined crap. It is truly annoying, and gives no meaning to the topic. Stop trying to get e-penis points.

I could write a very, very detailed and describable post that would bring Mikesword122 to sudden realization about his posting habits, but knowing that he would just ignore it, give a one-line reply to it, and continue doing what he's doing, I see there's no point.

722 posts of one-lined nonsense (ergo: all or mosts of his posts are only one line and use less-than-average grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.); 10.62 posts a day: that number slowly increasing with each day...
All in two months.
An example of not post whoring. (Click: Link!)
March 28th. Hm. Mikesword almost has half of that amount... March 28th to say December... that's about nine (9) months. But wait, he has almost half that amount in only roughly two (2)?! At this rate, he'll meet up to Shuffle's posts in over a year; especially if this value rises every day.
700 / 2 months = 350 posts a month
350 x a year (12 months) = 4200 posts in one year.
That's absurd! That's like SMS except without the immense periods of inactivity, which I highly doubt will happen. Keep in mind most of his posts are one-liners.

Alright, that's a lot. But you have to remember: Post count DOES NOT MATTER. ALL who are trying to post just to raise their count should realize it was removed from the main pages for a reason (being post count raising). It's essentially useless to do so, but now, many users believe post count = respect and popularity (because most of the known oldbies (the ones that make it blatantly obvious that they have been here for a while) have rather large amounts of posts, but noobs tend to neglect the fact that they've been here for more than a year at the least). We all know that post count equaling respect and popularity is grossly incorrect though, right? Post whoring will raise your count, sure, but only posting ONE LINE in every post, just to raise your count will make you unpopular and annoying; especially if your posts lack average grammar skills. Also, if you note the amount of posts you have on any given page, you realize that it doesn't have to be at all limited, but you have to actually be saying something useful, rather than posting random one lined crap.

Sadly, what mikesword122 is doing is within the rules, and doesn't break any of them, so there's no way in saying he _has_ to stop because of (blank). It's a growing problem, if you ask many of the users here, but it's unimportant compared to everything else the Moderators/Administrators have to deal with, so I don't expect a solution. The only way we can be certain that this problem has ended is if mikesword122 actually reads this post, fully understands it, and starts writing posts with some substance rather than emptyness (with added grammarness, punctuationness, and spellingness), but I doubt that will happen, so... oh well.

I could have written something detailed and descriptive, but I chose not to. I didn't even TRY to be that meaningful in this one because I knew my efforts to inform him would be futile. Sigh.

...If this problem actually gets to that critical level, I might actually stop being lazy, and write to end it all.

I'm just going to let the admins and mods take care of this.Oh and I don't post just to raise my post count or get respect and popularity.

You know, the funny thing about me is that I have been here since March 22, 2006 and I only have around 600 posts. I have the lowest post count in the whole admin/mod group. Yet, despite that, I have gotten respect from the people on IRC and here for doing my job and getting rid of the bad apples.

You certainly act like it. You JUST did it AGAIN. AGAIN, try to say something relavent to the topic, and not just 1-2 lined crap. Many people agree that you must stop this, so stop. No one will like you for having a high post count of crappy posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back