There is a certain problem with converting certain stages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'll just get to the point. I used the lvlconv.exe to convert a certain stage. The textures, FOFs and control sectors come out great. But when I load the level, I find that gravity has been increased, like when you are shrunken down in ERZ2. Has this happened to anyone else, and is there a way to figure out what's causing it? Because I've searched through the entire stage and can't find any sector or control sector effect that could be causing this.

Any help is appreciated.

I think the best way to figure out your problem in this case is to upload it to sendspace so we can take a look at what the problem is.

lvlconv.exe doesn't do all the converting for you. Only a good portion. You still need to get in there and finish the job manually.

lvlconv.exe doesn't do all the converting for you. Only a good portion. You still need to get in there and finish the job manually.

Yeah, I know that; I converted a few successfully. Thing is, there is absolutely no indication as to what is causing this bizarre problem. And it seems to only happen on certain maps.

Link:Here it is.

I just put it through the converter. I'm mostly concerned about the gravity problem; I'll fix everything else myself.

I found your custom gravity problem. the old Button system now translates into a combination of sector effect including gravity. I knew to look for this due to my experience in manually converting Castle Eggman act 1 and 2 from 1.09.4.

Here is the offending button:
srb20036.png

Did it help any?

Last edited:
Wait, so you're saying that the button has to be remapped in order for this to work correctly? Or does a simple adjustment have to be made to the sector itself? I'll look at it myself in a minute; thank you so much!!

EDIT: *facepalm* Wow, amazing how something so simple was the answer. I can't thank you enough; that really helped me, both in solving the problem and teaching me something. Thanks for taking the time to do that and sorry I hadn't replied in a while.

Last edited:
Totally Manually converting the levels I have, helped for situations like this.

You're welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back