There are 5 Trojan Horses in a WAD....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMecha

Yes. I know that you guys always have your firewall turned off to forward ports..... But it turns out there are 5 (Yes! 5!) Trojan Horses in sonic_ultima.WAD. Turn on your Firewall and Virus Scanner. I was downloading it when a " Threat Deticted)sp)! " Error came up. If you have it please run a virus scan on it.

*sigh*

Okay, I don't know WHY people's virus scanners keep thinking wads and such are viruses, but they aren't. As far as I know, there's no way for SRB2 to destroy your computer or any other such thing.

There is no virus scanner out there without false-positives. There will always be virus scanners that falsely identify a completely harmless file as a virus. Below is a site that allows you to submit a file for analysis by several different anti-virus programs, so that you can compare results between products.

http://virusscan.jotti.org

Simply select a file to upload, submit it, and the system will test the file on each virus scanner and return to you the results. Please don't take these results for granted, because, as stated above, it is always possible that a harmless file be marked as dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back