The Worst video game

Status
Not open for further replies.
DroxSorcerer said:
Every game on the CD-I.

animation_fin18.jpg

Kids, this is the reason why zelda characters are mutes.

This is one place I shouldn't even be in...oh well.

Game Name - System - Reason

Hercules - N64 - Hard as hell to play and a real irritator
Star Wars Bounty Hunter - Gamecube - Unless you have incredibly high tolerance, getting past every level is a *bleep*
Donald Duck Quack Attack - Gameboy Color - I can play through to a certain level and then the game starts to crack up where the enemies are like invincible
Micro Machines 64 Turbo - N64 - No comment
Toy Story 2 - N64 - Its *bleep*ing hard

I have tons more...just i hate these the most.

Well, I would name every single game AVGN mentioned in his reviews, but I'll just post one.

"Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde"

Speedylizzard14 said:
You're a failure, anyone can agree that that game rocks.
1) lol at you freaking generic avatar recolor
2) Banjo Kazooie was alot more of a platformer than Mario 64. Mario 64 is too repetitive, easy, and short. You only need 80 of the 120 Stars to beat the game, and they aren't tough to get. I can get every Star in less than one day.
3) Not everyone has to like a popular game. Why the hell is it getting to the point where people would get pissed at another guy just for not liking stupid Halo 2 or something? I apparently don't find Sonic 2 to be so great, but it's not like I have to flame those who like it.

Chaos said:
2) Banjo Kazooie was alot more of a platformer than Mario 64. Mario 64 is too repetitive, easy, and short. You only need 80 of the 120 Stars to beat the game, and they aren't tough to get. I can get every Star in less than one day.
I'd note that your statement is wrong. It's 70 stars to get to the final boss legit, and zero stars if you're a TAS speedrunner =P

That being said, Super Mario 64 is a slightly dated game nowadays. It's hard to explain how amazing that game was in 1996, because it was quite simply the first platform game to do 3D right at all. It had expansive worlds that it encouraged players to explore, and there was so much to do at the time. The difficulty level, going back, isn't all that hard, but remember that at the time, none of us had ever used an analog stick before, since that was new to the controller. Simply having the concept of a "camera control" was new as well. While Banjo-Kazooie did refine the concepts in Mario 64 and is a slightly better designed game as a result, I still look at Mario 64 better simply because it invented the entire 3D platformer genre. Yes, Mario 64 has crappy camera design, and several areas get repetitive going through multiple times for all the stars, but at the time, nobody cared because there wasn't anything like it.

Now, if you want a really terrible game instead of a merely slightly dated game, try any of the following:

Bebe's Kids
Zoop
Anything for the NES/SNES with a license other than Disney or Jurassic Park.

Worst games that I've played.

Anything related to disney except for 2 games, Castle of Illusion & Quackshot (both on Genesis, I enjoyed those whilst at a young age, and play it on the odd occasion, the thing which did my head in with the 2 games was the difficulty levels on some worlds.)

Sonic Labyrinth (Game Gear)- Crap gameplay, plot, and doesn't entertain for too long.

Sonic Drift - gameplay was poor, the controls were some of the worst I played, and too short.

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Game Gear) A big letdown to the sequel. Most of the game was hard to complete, and no checkpoints, which was one of a few big mistakes SEGA made years ago in the sequel.

Super Mario Bros 2 (NES) Very blocky graphics, weird music, the gameplay was not the best, boss battles were too easy.

More to come when I feel like editing this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back