The screen when you end the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaysakado

It says that ST Jr. lose money from SRB2. That makes no sense: you guys make the graphics, and most C++ editors are free.

STJR EXPENSE REPORT
-------------------

12 XmasCDs = $50
Korg X5DR Rackmount Synthesizer = $270
Yamaha SW60XG Synthesizer = $60
PortaTrace Lightboard = $250
Various Animation Supplies = $50
Webhosting = $50
Stealth's Forty = $40
Mackie 1202-VLZ Mixer = $250

Total: $1,020

There's obviously other expenses as well. This list is rather old.

Well, they are able to use all that animation/music equipment for their own uses as well.

I'm sure that SRB2 is not the only thing that equipment is used for.

Ha... hahaha... HAHAHA.

Don't forget the electricity it takes to run everything while working on SRB2... or the food that is required to fuel those who work on it... or the endless hours of labor on a free project the team has put into when we could have actually been doing something to GIVE us money...

And AJ, that price list could have used at the end..
"Posting on the SRB2 Forums? Priceless."

Nah, reading it is enough to be paid more than anybody can afford.

What is "Stealth's Forty"?

I would assume money paid to Stealth, though I thought he quit a while back....

EDIT: Yeah.
The White Glove Diaries said:
Stealth has left the building, again.

There has been a lot of misunderstandings and misconceptions about this whole matter, and to be brief, both of us are a little at fault.

Basically, Stealth was pretty polite and left STJr without any grudges, but I then later found out that he'd apparentely been insulting one of our programmers while he left, something I didn't think was quite so polite and jolly.

Which led to this impression that Stealth was just after the money we gave him, while he thought we were trying to get ourselves 'infinite fame and glory' from this one technique the programmer he had apparentely slagged off (he didn't.) to make the engine run faster, but I was unaware of the consequences, and things got into a tumbled mess from there.

So a misunderstanding on both parts - things have been resolved now, thankfully without any major battles or flamewars, however, though we've lost a major programmer, things aren't all bad. A.J is getting even better at programming, and has managed to fix multiplayer mode, and is adding plenty of new features for SRB2:XMAS v0.93.

Didn't you have to pay for models of the weapon rings for the sprites at one point? Or was that not much of a cost...

Yes, I had to bribe someone to make me the models/sprites for the weapon rings.

What's funny is that now I could do them by myself.

Spazzo said:
The weapon rings are sprites, not models.

Yes, he did have to pay for those.
Erm, I think it's pretty obvious that the rings are models. That's a LOT of angles to draw. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back