The RED RING OF Dea/th. (Xbox 360)

Do you think the 360s are programmed like that?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WAD master

It's a hardware failure.

They say it's an Inconvenience, But I say it's something else.

When you call Microsoft about it, they say they are sorry that your individual 360 is faulty. They say the majority are working fine.

Well, the majority of the Xbox 360 owners HAVE had the red ring of Dea/th.

Sure, they give a warranty for 2 months or so.

BUT...

I think that they program the Xbox 360s to fail after 6 months, so you'll buy another, and Another, and Another.

What do you think?

For more information, Google "Xbox Red ring of Dea/th "

WAD master said:
It's a hardware failure.

They say it's an Inconvenience, But I say it's something else.

When you call Microsoft about it, they say they are sorry that your individual 360 is faulty. They say the majority are working fine.

Well, the majority of the Xbox 360 owners HAVE had the red ring of Dea/th.

BUT...

I think that they program the Xbox 360s to fail after 6 months, so you'll buy another, and Another, and Another.

What do you think?

For more information, Google "Xbox Red ring of Dea/th "

I think so cause Microsoft is evil.

From what I understand, its only really the launch/early hardware revisions that suffer from this fault. Although I've had mine since launch and have yet to encounter any problems. That said, the boxes currently on the market are said to have improved circulation and are significantly less prone to the fault. I believe Microsoft are also introducing a new chip set in the run up the holiday season, which will futher help to improve system reliability. So in over words, its safe to buy one now :P
(The same Hardware Revision that includes the new chip set is also going to introduce an HDMI port into the Premium SKU as well, so you might want to wait for that.) But yeah, it was a bit of a farce and I'm glad they've sorted it out.

Oh, Wad Master, you are aware that you have a three year warranty against the Red Ring Of Death? Right? ;P

I personally don't think Microsoft programmed that in. I just think they aren't experienced enough to program a well working video game machine. they've been in the VG buisness about 6 years, where Nintendo and Sony have been at it over 10 years, especially Nintendo.

You haven't been keeping up, have you? They extended the warranty to 3 years due to massive failage. They've also taken steps to make sure new ones don't overheat like the old ones do.
More consoles sold, more money for them. >_<
Why would Microsoft WANT you to buy the 360 multiple times? They LOSE money each time you buy one. They make the money back in game sales.

The concept of Microsoft designing the Xbox 360 to break is completely laughable. Do you have any idea how much money its costs a company to design/produce a console? (especially when said company is fairly new to the market) That said, I'm fairly sure the technical faults were caused by rushing the console to market to gain some ground (SEE WHT I DID THAR) before the PS3 launched.

Dreamcaster said:
I personally don't think Microsoft programmed that in. I just think they aren't experienced enough to program a well working video game machine. they've been in the VG buisness about 6 years, where Nintendo and Sony have been at it over 10 years, especially Nintendo.

...What the hell does that mean? They coded all the system software in the thing. They can code it to break after six months if they wanted to, and if they wanted major action against them.

GCFreak said:
...What the hell does that mean? They coded all the system software in the thing. They can code it to break after six months if they wanted to, and if they wanted major action against them.

But exactly why would they do that? that's major bull. there is no company stupid enough to make their machine a proverbial, "ticking time bomb". They want to make money.

They've only been producing game systems for 6 years. that's not very long in terms of gaming. that's one and 1/5 generation, when Sony and Nintendo have been making them for about 3 and 4 gens.

GCFreak said:

GCFreak said:
GCFreak said:

Exactly my point. WHY WOULD THEY? There is no logic in that, and even if there were idiots like this, they obviously wouldn't have the mental capacity to start a company, nor get to the status Microsoft is in now.

Wow..... The red ring of death is like a damn virus for your 360 I have all four parts of the ring which means it won't turn on and they are basically saying its their fault.

Wikipedia has an article of the Red ring of death.

The red ring of death is like a hardware failure, when some files that mean ALOT to the system/program gets deleted/replaced/ edited. Basically, the screen goes red, blue, yellow or green(Depending on the program/system).In this case, XBOX 360s have 2 rings- the ring of light when it starts up and when you plug in a contorller, and the ring of death, a red ring that can make you buy another system or download the program again.

I hope I don't have that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back