The Quake Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

iStepable

iStepable
Come on you know quake do you? I have quake II on my computer ( I use xp so think god for compllity :D) Do any of you played Quake?

Quake never seems to work when I try to install it onto my computer. Ascourse it's the shareware version...

The first Quake was a DOS release. To get it running correctly, you'll need to use a program like VDMSound (runs DOS programs natively with proper sound support) or DOSBox (acts as an emulator - very slow but works if nothing else). You could also try a port, such as WinQuake or GLQuake.

I coulden play the first one is because my dad said it had bad grapics =/.

EDIT: what if they made srb2 with quakes engine?

FoxBlitzz said:
The first Quake was a DOS release. To get it running correctly, you'll need to use a program like VDMSound (runs DOS programs natively with proper sound support) or DOSBox (acts as an emulator - very slow but works if nothing else). You could also try a port, such as WinQuake or GLQuake.

Doesn't doom run on DOSBox?
Anyway, whenever I try to run Quake, it tries to start up, but automatically closes.

I have Quake for the N64, and Quake 4 for the PC. I have played every Quake Game except for Enemy Territory. In my opinion Quake is the best idea idSoftware ever came up with.

Hmm, WinQuake seems to run very well with little to no effort:

http://www.fileaholic.com/cgi-sql/file-info.sql/10018

Just download it and extract it into your Quake folder (assuming you installed DOS Quake). Then run WINQUAKE.EXE and you should be set.

A little tip: If you want to enable mouselook without holding down a key, go into the console and use the following command:

+mlook

(This is a slight bump, I know, but only a slight one. Mods are, of course, free to warn me, delete my post, or whatever)
I absolutely love the first three Quakes.
The first is a classic (albeit BROWN)
The second is pretty epic, although not as great as the first.
The third is probably the best deathmatch game I've ever played. (I never much liked Unreal Tournament)

I actually own the fourth, but my computer runs it pretty choppy, so I've only played the first few minutes in. After that I cannot take the lag anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back