The Power of Microsoft Songsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzzo

It's Mr. Computer!
Recently Microsoft released a program called Songsmith which generates backing music when you sing into the microphone. Instead, people have found an alternate, more creative use, by plugging in vocals from classic songs and generating hilarious results.

Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
Queen - We Will Rock You
Metallica - Ride the Lightning

And even more creative usage:

Music generated from recent stock charts (among other things)

I actually got hiccups while listening to some of this stuff, it's that funny. Perhaps someone in here could try out Songsmith and see what they can come up with?

I listend to the metallica. I listen to them alot and I swear I literaly Rolled On the Floor Laughing. Seariosly. Its like Metallica joins the Teletubbys. LOL

So, how do you guys rip vocals from songs? I'm interested in ripping "Shout to the Devil", but I'm not educated in the ways of editing.

Although, I do have Audacity somewhere on this computer of mine...

[03:30] <Arf> somebody should do a duet of Microsoft sam + songsmith

To the batcave!

Ha! I just tried it out. Shadow Hog suggested I try Still Alive. My first attempt was rubbish because I started a half-measure too early:

http://chaos.foxmage.com/AkuKitsune/StillAliveSongsmith.mp3

The second time I switched to Country and delayed the voice recording by half a measure and it worked much better (though Shadow Hog doesn't seem to think it was quite there yet) Here it is below:

http://chaos.foxmage.com/AkuKitsune/StillAliveSongsmithTake2.mp3

Also, there are weird artifacts from the voice extractor I used. Mainly it made the voices sound robotic - thus the suggestion for Still Alive, since it was sung by a robot in the first place.

Oh god, Astley's double-floating head is gonna give me nightmares.
Didn't someone do Wonderwall and Crazy Train?

Naga said:
Hey guys, how would I go about extracting vocals from songs?
As far as I can tell, one would need not just the song itself but a karaoke version of the song, and then use the difference between the two tracks. I don't know of any programs that would do that, however.

Boinciel, I tried that with Sonic R and it didn't work. The waveforms were too different, so instead of canceling themselves out, they sounded tinny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back