The Pony Thread (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_m2byz9PxM21qjdq87o4_1280.jpg
As soon as I unspoiled this picture, I began crossing my arms in front of me to protect myself from Spike's anypony/body speech, thinking "no, no ! you're right, I'm wrong, I'll never do it again, but please leave me alone, I beg you !" while I was reading the speech.
And it was a great feeling.

And to keep my post a little useful ; about RedEnchilada, I can't give any reviews since I'm still stuck to the first season~

Last edited:
I'll just leave this here seeing as some time went by...
20130106_095420.jpg

Not much was added besides that tin box thingy and that one box. Also I wonder if anyone else collects the blind bag figures or something.
-----
Also... something I should say about the new upcoming episode...
"<SonicX8000> My god, Discord is in THIS one?"

Now I'm just wondering how this episode will play out... shame it'll be awhile before it airs. After reading the Synopsis on ED... this outta be interesting.

I like Season 1-2 but seriously, Season 3 is getting stale. Eh, like the Crystal Kingdom episode, it was a little repetitive. ESPECIALLY LORD SOMBRA, AAARG. Well, an opinion is an opinion...... Also, am i too young to be a brony? I'm getting near the agegroup ( Teens )

Season 3 has its lulls, and it doesn't help that it started with one. I wasn't a huge fan of S3E9 "Apple Family Reunion", either. However, S3E7 "Wonderbolt Academy", was very good, S3E3 "Too Many Pinkie Pies" was great, and S3E5 "Magic Duel" was excellent, so it has its high points, too. I'm hoping S3E11 "Keep Calm and Flutter On" will be one too, considering what it entails.

Episode was middling. Had some good moments, but Luna's inclusion seemed far too forced.

Could we get some inquiry as to WHY that's so?

I mean, why give a certain aspect on a character that's hardly been developed, give her an ability that not only makes sense but contributes to the story of the episode?

Is there a solid reason she should be there? Not really but her appearance in and of itself isn't necessarily tacked on for the sake of having her there. We know her sister does a lot of shit as part of her royal responsibilities, but we barely know a thing about Luna. I'm still trying to make heads or tails as to how this is extremely forced if it exists to give more development on a character we barely know a thing about.

Is there a solid reason she should be there? Not really
Bingo. She's a princess of the night, and has a whole country to take care of. She seems a little too interested in this young pegasus that she's never had any prior on-screen interaction with, if she's going to spend 2-3 consecutive nights traipsing around her dreams.

Well I'd hardly assume she would appear only for Scootaloo. She is the princess of the Night after all and plus, if we're following continuity Celestia never really had an issue ruling all of Equestria by herself.

In addition, it's night, where most ponies are asleep.
It'd only make sense that as the Princess of the Night, she goes around not just one, but everypony's subconscious and protect them from Nightmares, much like she demonstrated in the episode.

For those unaware, a project had started sometime ago to make a documentary centered around bronies, MLP fans, and the like. They'd gotten support from Lauren Faust, the VAs like Ashleigh Bell and John de Lancie, and other such people.

Well, the film was finally put out on digital distribution.

Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony (formerly titled as BronyCon: The Documentary) is a 2013 documentary film centering on bronies, the adult fans of the 2010 animated show My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. The film, funded through crowd-sourcing via Kickstarter, was originally envisioned to follow voice actor and executive producer John de Lancie to the 2012 Summer BronyCon convention in New Jersey, but the project raised much more than anticipated, allowing it to grow in scope to bring on Lauren Faust, Friendship Is Magic's original creator, and Tara Strong, a principle voice actress on the show, as executive producers, and to include additional convention footage from European conventions.

The film is available for $12.99, and is in the process of being available through Amazon.com, iTunes, and Netflix, as well as several film festivals, as per their current efforts.

If you're skeptical, as most are, there's a trailer for the film here that you can view.

Honestly, it's barely a documentary. It glorifies the fanbase to revolting levels, glazes over anything negative, and does no more than follow a few people around to conventions; it doesn't even show the other side to refute their claims. It's a circlejerk at best; no more than a shockumentary in reverse.

However, disregarding its attempts to market itself as a "documentary", I rather enjoyed it. The bits of animation sprinkled in were cute, and I quite enjoyed following everyone's stories.

I watch only My Little Pony (or I call it my little brownies for more fun) when I was terribly boring and when I can do NOTHING

(And because I like Rainbow Dash too... yeah: My nickname In SRB2: FN~RainbowDash. FN= French Nationality(ies). )

Uh... so sorry my english is very bad... so yea i'm french and Ive only 11 years old... ^.< aw... so if you can understand french... It mean:

Je regarde seulement My Little Pony quand je m'ennuie vraiment et que je ne peut rien faire (et aussi parce que j'aime bien RainbowDash oui mon pseudonyme dans SRB2: FN~RainbowDash)

So if you din'nt understand french.... I'm so sorry but I was too bad in english for the moment ^.<

Hey, I don't know if this has been mentioned before or better yet discussed on this topic before but...
Moderator Notice:
Yes, this is real, and even if it wasn't, you should spoiler tag future episode rumors anyways. Season finale spoilers ahoy.

...I have seen some pictures from various resources such as Tumblr and mlp.wikia.com showing Twilight as an alicorn. It took me a while to know what an alicorn actually was (since I never heard the word before). It could be photoshopped for all I know but I just wanted to get the word on the street and see if this apperance for Twilight is true or not. From what I've heard so far, this appearance for Twilight might be for one episode only or permanent.

Here are some links if anybody is intrested:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back