The Pony Thread (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've begun to consider my actions around here. I apologize for just jumping in with nonsensical "MLP > Sonic" junk. It was stupid of me, especially being what I compared it to, one being something I've been a fan of since the Dreamcast era, and another being something randomly spawn into a critically acclaimed show that I truthfully hadn't seen anything of yet.

I've actually watched the series, and have become a bit of a brony. It's actually harder to be a closet brony when you think about it in every damn class at school, and play it loud from a PS3 daily. I enjoy the show, and while originally not liking it because, well, obviously, ponies... I find it has the subtleties of a show like Foster's (being it's made by Faust) and enjoy it for that. I also quite <3 some of the characters (Carrot Top comes to mind).

As for this episode, I like Rarity being shown making sacrifices (I'll give up my hair for my sister) and I guess it proves how life works. Though, she still gets worst pony for being a total jerk in general. An enjoyable episode, nonetheless. I really should watch the other episodes of Season 2 though... Need to figure out this Discord.

Don't worry about, it, UltimaXtreme. In all honesty, I had almost forgotten that it was you who did that all.

You grew up so fast. ;~;

I've actually watched the series, and have become a bit of a brony. It's actually harder to be a closet brony when you think about it in every damn class at school, and play it loud from a PS3 daily. I enjoy the show, and while originally not liking it because, well, obviously, ponies... I find it has the subtleties of a show like Foster's (being it's made by Faust) and enjoy it for that. I also quite <3 some of the characters (Carrot Top comes to mind).
This, so much! I'm sure you've heard one of my rants on the show before, so I won't bother starting one here, but there's honestly not another thing that has effected my actions and thoughts as much as ponies have. Well, I take that back, Chronicles of Narnia might rank awful close. Anyways, I can't hardly go ten minutes without ponies coming to my mind in some fashion.

Now go hurry up and watch The Return of Harmony! :D

Let me just copypasta some stuff from Sonic Retro, since I haven't informed you all recently.

Shadow Hog said:
DVD.

Only 5 episodes. Bonus features included to make up for it, but Lord knows what they are, at this point. $15. $10.49 on Amazon.

I'm not sure if I should attach to this, or wait for a full season boxset that may never materialize.

Shadow Hog said:
So, good news, and bad news.

Let's get the good news out of the way, first: Season 3 is definitely on.

The bad news: ignoring that Lauren Faust won't have any say in the season (she was a consulting producer for Season 2 and dropped out entirely after that), we've also lost Rob Renzetti and Amy Keating Rogers. Also, it's only 13 episodes so far.

All around kind of worry-inducing, although I'm hoping the losses won't particularly hurt the series (I mean, for a small dose of reality, Amy Keating Rogers has worked on exactly 0 of the 5 aired Season 2 episodes). The 13 episodes is a bit more worrying, though. 26+26+13 = 65, and if you don't mind wasting the rest of your day at TVTropes, this trope is relevant. Then again, probably better to wrap it up while it's still going strong than slowly peter out into mediocrity, right? (I'm just going to ignore the people who say we're already there, at any rate.)
I'll note that I've since heard rumors that Meghan McCarthy (one of the writers; "Dragonshy", "Call of the Cutie", "Green Isn't Your Color", "Party of One", and "Lesson Zero" are attributed to her) is replacing Mr. Renzetti, so it's probably not a huge loss there, either.

Last edited:
I'll note that I've since heard rumors that Meghan McCarthy (one of the writers; "Dragonshy", "Call of the Cutie", "Green Isn't Your Color", "Party of One", and "Lesson Zero" are attributed to her) is replacing Mr. Renzetti, so it's probably not a huge loss there, either.

It may not seem like a huge loss, but trust me, big things come in small packages. If we have the luck, we won't end up noticing too much, but it may cause what Charybdizs feared. Though they were somewhat light-hearted, the show could end up being shoved in our faces.

Shadow Hog said:
The bad news: ignoring that Lauren Faust won't have any say in the season (she was a consulting producer for Season 2 and dropped out entirely after that), we've also lost Rob Renzetti and Amy Keating Rogers. Also, it's only 13 episodes so far.
I'm also annoyed by this 13-ep season. Though this is most-likely not a final note, if it does, I may not be the only one bothered. Along with that, Lauren Faust... She was probably the only reason I enjoyed MLP as much as I did (aside from Lesson Zero. That felt like a Faust product by all means) up to this point. Though season 2 isn't over yet, I hope season 3 will still have a small form factor of Faust uniquety. Let's just hope for the best.
Woohoo~

EDIT: Also, just noticed I'm still banned from srb2pony... Anyone loving and tolerating enough to find the unban?

Last edited:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo3Atz2nWKs

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfJeEPkahH4

Applebloom, cutie mark crusaders, zebras, another Pony episode and the related youtube links!

A rather amusing episode indeed. When Applebloom was going crazy as a result of the Cutie Pox, I could only think of Discord working his magic. It certainly seems like the kind of thing he would do!

83990%20-%20Diamond_Tiara%20apple_bloom%20artist%3Atheartrix%20comic%20political_comic_parody%20twilight_sparkle%20zecora.jpg

Last edited:
This was a rather... strange episode. I don't mind the dedicated character episodes, but they could try and limit the insanity. Personally, I wasn't too keen on this one. It's okay, but it's not quite what I could enjoy. I do like the CMC episodes, but I don't think there's been an exactly proper one since the Chronicles episode. I guess we must keep watching, and hope for the best.

So umm

387553_10150369639653026_572648025_8303893_48402492_n.jpg

Yeah... entertaining episode, doesn't top Sisterhooves Social though. It was fun to watch Applebloom juggling all of the talents at once, and more Zecora is always a good thing.

That... is strange. For one, that clip looks weird (totally no innuendo), for another, wow. How do you even DO that? That's worse than when Derpy first appeared, mostly because that's supposed to be impossible to do.

Episode 7

Personal Episode 7 review. Do not read unless you've watched, please! If you want to watch, here's the episode. Currently in 480p.

Beautiful. Just beautiful. This is probably one of the best episodes I've seen so far.

Rainbow struck me as worst pony today. She acts like a jerk and puts these animals through hell, just so she doesn't feel left out? Sad. Especially with the tortoise.

Speaking of tortoises, did anyone else know for a fact that there would be a twist involving the tortoise when he appeared? Surely I'm not the only one.

I think I'd qualify the best bit was the song. Good god, I love that. I really don't like MLP's music (aside from Art of the Dress, and So Many Wonders) but this just sounded amazing. The gasm that Fluttershy had beforehand was pretty funny, too.

Overall, this episode was amazing and I cannot wait for the next episode. Until then, I shall continue the quest to be 20% cooler!

Last edited:
Personal Episode 7 review. Do not read unless you've watched, please!

did anyone else know for a fact that there would be a twist involving the tortoise when he appeared? Surely I'm not the only one.

I saw it coming immediately. (I KNEW something was familiar there, so I took a guess)

Also first song was wonderful.

Oh man.

86723%20-%20macro%20rainbow_dash%20screencap%20so_full_of_swag%20twilight_sparkle.JPG

This is best episode. Especially for the song here. Also, the turtle is the best pet. The Derpy appearance is a tad hard to find though!

Well, that episode was rather fantastic indeed.

That... That song was simply fabulous! While the turn out with the turtle as the victor was predictable and cliched, the episode was more than good enough to make up for it. Many laughs were had indeed.

Now let's play spot the Derpy.

86786%20-%20find_the_easter_egg%20fluttershy%20rainbow_dash%20spoilers%20tank.png

Well, the tortoise thing was obvious to me, if only because it's a common trope. They did pull it off in an unexpected way though, so that was fine.

But not so obvious at all was the Ditzy appearance. Did anyone find that? I only saw it because of a Youtube comment I saw. If you don't know where she is, watch the scene at 7:00, and take a careful look at the events going on in the menagerie.

As the episode goes, this was one of my favorites. The opening was absolutely priceless, and the rest of the episode didn't disappoint. I admit I still haven't got over my stereotypical repulsion to musicals, but I'm working on it. Listening to the song a second time, I'm enjoying it a bit more. I just can't wait until some nice instrumentals like this one for Winter Wrap Up and this one for At The Gala come out for this song. Not being big on lyrics myself (solely a personal taste), instrumentals help me get a better grasp on the music itself.

I loved seeing the way the different animals overcame all the obstacles. I think that bat had to be the coolest of all, especially when it was going through the thorns using it's sonar. Seeing all the different creatures somehow gave me a new appreciation for Fluttershy. I mean, not only does her sweet nature allow her to handle smaller delicate creatures and take care of them, it also tames the bigger tougher creatures. I dunno, seeing all the eagles, bats, and things like that was just... cool.

Overall, I would definitely have to call this one of the most polished episodes yet.

Just one thing: Did the voice actors for Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie seem a bit off to anyone else?

EDIT: Guess I'm a few minutes too late about Ditzy. So instead, listen to this other awesome instrumental I just found. I never did realize how awesome this song was.

Last edited:
That episode was simply amazing. I fangasmed when they started singing!

Also, I had a bit of an epiphany just now. People are saying that Rarity's dad looks like Tom Selleck, right? So THAT'S why Rarity named her diamond "Tom". She named him after her father! :P

S2 Ep8

An RBD episode... Meh. She's okay here. Definitely her usual "I MUST BE THE GREATEST" egotistical self. You know, conceit is hard to work with. I like this Mare-do-Well idea, but it's hard to come up with words to comprehend the ending. More than likely, some were thinking about one character for who the Mare-do-Well would be. Trixie. Way off. All in all, it was okay, but not up to par with some of the episodes like Lesson Zero, or Sisterhooves Social, and most definitely not May The Best Pet Win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back