The Pony Thread (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UltimaXtreme's Signature said:
Why am I a pony fan? Peer Pressure

John Mason said:
You were born an original. Don’t become a copy.

Don't ever like or dislike something just because your friends like or dislike it, even if they are people you respect very much. Although it may fool people at first, it will eventually leave the people you've associated with feeling cheated, when they realize that you didn't honestly take any interest in the things that you supposedly had in common.
A year or two back, I had a new friend, one who seemed to have everything in common with me. Almost anything I was interested in, or obsessing over, he would be interested in also. For a while, we hung out, and I thought we had a serious friendship developing. Then, one day, he decided that another person, who wasn't too fond of me, was a lot cooler than I was. Suddenly, I had nothing in common with him anymore, and he started acting like the other person's new "best friend". Of course, that meant looking down on me, despising my interests, and all of that. Apparently, this kid was only acting in peer pressure when he got around me, in an effort to be appreciated. Frankly, I felt tricked, for good reason, and I would have preferred it in the first place if he had just been a jerk right off the bat, or at least just been himself, with his own interests, instead of pulling a traitor move on me.

Don't be a fake. Find your own interests, without letting your peers influence it too much. If your peers are really that much of jerks that they'll persecute you over it... Then find new friends! There's people out there that you'll find that you have much more in common with, and that you can relate to in a non-pressured environment.

You missed the line.

MLP > Sonic?

Unless you mean the Fast Food chain, you are amazingly wrong.

Just because Sonic hit a bad spot in the past few years, doesn't mean a brand new popular show is bigger than a 20-Year-old Video Game Franchise.

Also, that Garry's Mod video was awful in every way.

You're comparing a TV show to a video game series, though. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Kind of a fruitless comparison to make, if you get my drift.

(And if you want to bring up AoStH, SatAM, Underground or Sonic X, then honestly I'd take FiM over any of those, any time.)

Besides, who do you think was throwing that party for Sonic in Generations?

hzripte.jpg

(Stole that from Retro's trash bin. Not my fault if they don't appreciate the humor.)

You're comparing a TV show to a video game series, though. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Kind of a fruitless comparison to make, if you get my drift.

(And if you want to bring up AoStH, SatAM, Underground or Sonic X, then honestly I'd take FiM over any of those, any time.)

Besides, who do you think was throwing that party for Sonic in Generations?

hzripte.jpg

(Stole that from Retro's trash bin. Not my fault if they don't appreciate the humor.)

Vector please stop doing that in a kids game.

So those nuts making that MLP fighting game held a stream last night. An abridged Youtube version is going up soon enough, but have the Livestream recording. The gist of it is lots of Twilight vs Applejack. Also, they accidentally showed Rarity for three seconds.

no I'm not going to bump the thread we have for it are you crazy

Oh? So, Shadowhog hasn't posted this little spectacle on the show, yet? Well, there you go.

And how many of these flaws could have been avoided if this show wasn't flash animated? Improper layering, inconsistent environments, layering royally making the "finished" animation awkward.... And to think! It was all so cleverly hidden when you played the animation at full speed. I guess that's all that matters?

Ah, what I would give for flash to be condemned in the animation industry. Oh well!

Remember that I'm saying this about the only show I will actually sit down and watch nowadays.

Yeah I noticed a few issues with the animation myself, but most I noticed were just pointed out to me by others.

And yeah while I love Flash, I do have to agree with you somewhat. Digital animation in general has just kinda reduced the quality of modern Western animation (barring shows like Chowder which look really awesome), moreso on TV than in movies, when compared directly to hand-drawn stuff. While FiM does have excellent animation, sometimes that just means excellent animation "for flash" or "for today".

That said, Season 2 might have higher production values now that they know how huge of a hit it is.

Last edited:
Oh? So, Shadowhog hasn't posted this little spectacle on the show, yet? Well, there you go.

*Heart Jumps into throat*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b5ZjGdjz1k&feature=player_detailpage#t=3892s
I think I just got UNCANNY VALLEY'D right there.

EDIT: What's so weird about that picture there, Shadowhog? Is it that the mane cast is in one of the stained glass pictures, or is it that Rainbow Dash is missing her nostrils? Or for that matter, is the weird thing that the roses on the carpet are overstepping their boundaries? You know, Apple Jack is PROBABLY missing her freckles there, even though we can't see them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back