The modding of Sonic Lost World

Icarus

Phantasy Savior
I was thinking of making a thread about the game since I talked about it in the 3D Blast one (and to avoid to derail that one).

I always thought that the game's main flaw was the bland level design and not the parkour gameplay itself, the game was a weird mix between the Classic (aesthetically-wise and many thought the game was X-treme being brought back), the Adventure (being able to spindash and bounce) and the modern ones (such as the "boost sections").

Porting the level design of SA1 or 3D Blast would not be a problem at all

Do you have any good mod to show here?

Classic sonic as normal sonic and modern sonic as super sonic is a fine looking mod its just i never played it and dont have the link

Classic sonic as normal sonic and modern sonic as super sonic is a fine looking mod its just i never played it and dont have the link
Honestly, I don't like that one that much.

As far as I know the Lost World modding community is mostly dead, and while there are some older mods still around to find and download most of what people made isn't available anymore. It's a shame too, I'd really like to see a revival of the Lost World modding community.

As far as I know the Lost World modding community is mostly dead, and while there are some older mods still around to find and download most of what people made isn't available anymore. It's a shame too, I'd really like to see a revival of the Lost World modding community.
I really wish the fans would salvage the game...

The gamebanana page still gets mods uploaded occasionally.

The real missed opportunity for this game is that nobody ported the 3DS stages (well, without the bullshit) to the PC version. I think someone found that you can actually add level slots to the game a while back, but I've now lost that tweet twice. If used correctly, you could basically double the length of the game with that. There's already quality-of-life stuff like the Lost World improvement mod, if someone wanted to they could take that further and add better tutorials, tweak the physics a bit, and maybe see if they could add stuff like the elemental shields back into the levels, since they're already in the game and all.

The gamebanana page still gets mods uploaded occasionally.

The real missed opportunity for this game is that nobody ported the 3DS stages (well, without the bullshit) to the PC version. I think someone found that you can actually add level slots to the game a while back, but I've now lost that tweet twice. If used correctly, you could basically double the length of the game with that. There's already quality-of-life stuff like the Lost World improvement mod, if someone wanted to they could take that further and add better tutorials, tweak the physics a bit, and maybe see if they could add stuff like the elemental shields back into the levels, since they're already in the game and all.
Yeah, having an engine that limits the level size is a big issue for creativity.

I'm surprised nobody ported Sonic Adventure's Lost World as a joke.

Yeah unfortunately there aren't many mods for Lost World. Mostly just the usual character model swaps. The only mod I use is one that makes the PC version's HUD less intrusive.
There's also the Lost World Improvement mod but I'm not a huge fan of it since it makes Sonic's movement desync from the level design. So parts where you had, like, ramps perfectly spaced out so Sonic could spindash cleanly from one to the other don't flow at all; you just overshoot the target every time because Sonic is way faster than what the game was designed around.

It's a shame, I feel like Lost World was just so close to being a solid game and a strong modding community could've pushed it over the edge.

Yeah unfortunately there aren't many mods for Lost World. Mostly just the usual character model swaps. The only mod I use is one that makes the PC version's HUD less intrusive.
There's also the Lost World Improvement mod but I'm not a huge fan of it since it makes Sonic's movement desync from the level design. So parts where you had, like, ramps perfectly spaced out so Sonic could spindash cleanly from one to the other don't flow at all; you just overshoot the target every time because Sonic is way faster than what the game was designed around.

It's a shame, I feel like Lost World was just so close to being a solid game and a strong modding community could've pushed it over the edge.
I've noticed that the HUD in several Modern game are too intrusive (like 2006) so I'm not against a less visible one.

Lost World could've been a decent at worst game if they didn't make it a subpar Galaxy clone with subpar Koopalings.

But most game Sega made are "close to be a solid game with a good modding community"...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back