The Meaning of Life? (Serious)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cue

ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S
I'm serious here, not spamming, I seriously want to know your opinions on the meaning of life.

Here's two ideas to start you off
"Live, Love and Die"
"42..."

As I always say...

DISCUSS

I could be totally wrong when I say this, but I think the meaning of life, is living your life to the best of your abilities

Well, It all started wit-*sonicfreak94 was killed by everyones rings*

hmmm..... 42 :P

huh... I dunno. Maybe we are here to destroy this planet with CO2 emitions so some weird species can build a space freeway :lol: .... Ok I have no clue... I could refer to the "book of mormon" but I would get killed by everyo-*sonicfreak94 was killed by everyones rings again*

I think that the meaning of life is to survive. It tends to be what pretty much every species tries to do, right? Even humans tend to struggle for survival, think poverty for some countries and areas.

"If you want to know the meaning of life, look it up in the dictionary"
Wiktionary - the free dictionary said:
Pronunciation

* IPA: /laɪf/, SAMPA: /laIf/
* Rhymes: -aɪf

Etymology

Old English līf

Noun

life (plural lives)

1. The state that precedes death and follows birth or conception.
2. In biology, a status given to an entity including animals, plants, fungi, bacteria and sometimes viruses, etc, with the properties of replication and metabolism.
3. In philosophy, the essence of the manifestation and the foundation of the being.
4. In phenomenology, the subjective and inner manifestation of the individual.
5. In Christianity, the essence of God, its own revelation.
6. A worthwhile existence.

He gets up early in the morning, works all day long, and even on weekends, hardly sees his family. That's no life!

7. The world in general, existence. (in life you should remember...)
8. Something which is inheritantly part of a person's existence, such as their job, their family, their loved one, etc.
9. (colloquial) A sentence imprisoning a convict until his or her death. More formally phrased life sentence.
10. The duration during which something operates

this light bulb has a long life

Antonyms

* (the state that precedes death): death
* (in biology): coma
* (in philosophy): void

Synonyms

* (in philosophy): existence, experience
* (the world in general): time

Example usage

* (in philosophy): 1994: “Most things in life, including life itself, seemed to have articulated sections, discrete and separate and straightforward.” -Violet Quill, Robert Ferro

I can not understand why there's nobody who knows the most important thing in live! :evil:

There is really just ONE possible answer for this question. I am really thinking about not telling you, because your not-knowing is annoying me!

Well... ok... I'll tell you. Take a seat and be prepared! The one and only reason why humankind is existing are:

COOKIES

There is nobody who would be able to live without cookies. Cookies are god's incarnation and cookies will still be there, when everything else is gone. We pray to the holy cookies and we die for the holy cookies. Our lives are meaningless without the holy cookies!
MAN! I REALLY WANT TO HAVE COOKIES RIGHT NOW!!! :o

Well... you are asking why I am posting such a dumb and crazy answer? Mystik just told everything that has to be told. :wink:

The meaning of life is to succeed. To succeed, one must follow the creed of the Clans of Kerensky. One must never surrender, he must never admit defeat, he must be victorious in all aspects.

cueball61 said:
I'm serious here, not spamming, I seriously want to know your opinions on the meaning of life.

Here's two ideas to start you off
"Live, Love and Die"
"42..."

As I always say...

DISCUSS

I may be wrong but isn't '42' the answer to "life, the universe & everything"?

My interpretation of the meaning of life is: A word that describes a soul alive, within a body.

I've always been curious, has the term "soul" referred to the human conscience?

And is there really such a thing as true "good" and true "evil", because I just view these terms as not being actual entities, but just ancient terms to try to justify one's actions back then.

And is there really a god out there? Has a god previously existed before this universe was formed? Who is to say this said god was not immortal, and died, long ago, even after the creation of this universe? These are questions that I would really want answered, or at least defined to some degree of logic, not the usual replies I hear from my family, "Believe and you shall see."

No offense to anyone to who was offended (and I don't see how)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back