The Great Rush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame that there won't be SP levels added
Even by the most narrow definition, 2.1 does have one new SP stage: CEZ3. Aside from that, I see no reason not to count seven new special stages, Azure Temple Zone and revamps of THZ and CEZ that are so extensive you might as well call them new levels. Basically the only things you aren't getting in 2.1 are the remainder of ACZ and RVZ.

Anyway, what actually IS preventing the release of 2.1? I heard it was something with the netcode, right?
The problem with the netcode (which turned out not the be the netcode's fault) is fixed. Right now I don't think there's anything preventing a release per se, it's just that some stuff isn't quite finished yet.

What I'll be looking forward too in this next release is more hidden goodies, I'm a sucker for those. And as previously stated by a dozen people before me the revamps of the levels looks quite refreshing too me. Espescially after playing the same single player levels years on end. The new gimmicks added too it will also make it feel like a more genuine Sonic game, not that it actually has to be that, and that's always nice. It is a shame that the severly unfinished levels like ACZ and LRZ won't be getting their respective levels finished but hey maybe it won't be long before they do. But you can probably tell by all my rambling I'm pretty pumped for this release.

I'm looking forward to the new maps and features for match mode. It's my favorite gametype and I'm happy to see that there'll be a lot more variety. (And a revamped weapon, I believe?)

I'm looking forward to the new maps and features for match mode. It's my favorite gametype and I'm happy to see that there'll be a lot more variety. (And a revamped weapon, I believe?)
Actually I'm hoping to see the weapon system completely worked around.

It is a shame that the severly unfinished levels like ACZ and LRZ

Hang on, "LRZ"?

Not sure what I'd look forward to most for 2.1's release, though I'd be interested to see what people come up with using Lua. (As long as they are any good of course, lol)

Last edited:
Red Volcano Zone, sorry.
Lava Reef Zone comes to mind beacause I've been playing Sonic 3 & Knuckles a lot recently and because I'm terrible with acronyms.
( A̶n̶d̶ ̶R̶e̶d̶ ̶V̶o̶l̶c̶a̶n̶o̶ ̶Z̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶e̶m̶o̶r̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶n̶a̶m̶e̶.̶)

Last edited:
srb20062.png

When the next contest comes around.....

I'm sorry Chrome, but that level looks absolutely horrible and probably is. Next time don't try to hype stuff because you won last OLDC by LUCK.

I forsee a lot of very interesting Servers on the MS with custom Lua scripts, I know I am perticually excited for that, and it looks like the SRB2 Lua implementation is going to be very safe and user-friendly, I know JTE has put a lot of work into it, and I'm excited about what we will be surprised with as far as the depth of Lua control, I know on #srb2fun, JTE said that we will be able to script custom skins. :)

The problem with the netcode (which turned out not the be the netcode's fault) is fixed. Right now I don't think there's anything preventing a release per se, it's just that some stuff isn't quite finished yet.

After not being on the MB in so long, this is the first information I come across.

*head explodes*

Anyway, I'm definitely most excited for the new SP content. Although, the LUA thing is a close second...(I'm already planning in my head a dynamic software lighting system using colormap manipulation and object tracking (both of which I assume are possible))

Also, I'm really excited for the explosion of new maps that should come out of the contests and such.

It's not really a big deal, but a lot of Lua Developers will bite your head off about how it's 'Lua' not 'LUA', Lua is not an acronym, it's porteguese for moon. You wouldn't believe it, but some people are really offended by 'LUA', so for future reference 'LUA' can be flamebait on some places on the internet.

Back on-topic, I'm glad that easily loaded large sprites have been added, it's a nightmare to implement large sprites now, and I can't wait until it's fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back