The food topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilron

My laser is longer :P
Well, if there's one thing I like to do that doesn't involve a computer, it's cooking food. There's no sense of satisfaction that can compare to people happily devouring food you slaved all day to make.

Anyways, this topic is to discuss your favorite foods, cooking experiences, tricks you've learned, things of that nature.

I myself love a classic: Spaghetti and meatballs, slow cooked all day.

What's your favorite food?

I don't know my favourite food...
But I know my favourite biscuit! Shortbread! ^_^
I love making Shortbread, it's so easy. :P

Classic chicken (any style is okay) with mashed potatoes (real potatoes please), with a nice cream of chicken soup on the side is one of my favorites.

I also like sushi, simsmagic (Eel, shrimp, or California rolls (dragon rolls too I guess)), and sashimi. Really, I like international tastes more than the State's, but it's hard to get authentic cultured foodstuffs, so...
Thai is great, Korean is great, those Latin and Italian flavors are just fantastic (they have a lot of power in their food), and French is delicious, of course, it's hard to come by here. I'd really like to try more cultures, but it's hard to do when you live in an area which has so many people from different places, but the places they're from are totally ignored, and culture is only found in the home, rather than in some sort of restaurant. It's sad, too... I really like international food.

Oh, has anyone tried nutella? I've heard is was really delicious (it's Italian), but I haven't had a chance to have any. I heard it was used in pastries and stuff... not too sure about it. I also heard it was as mainstream as peanut butter over here.

Also, I'm a chocoholic. Yeah, I love chocolate. Of course, I'm not a binge chocolate eater or anything, but it's nice to try different chocolates from different parts of the world... heh, all of this multicultural food talk has made me hungry.

By the way, if anyone says 'McDonalds' or 'Pie', I will SCOLD you, and then become very sad and depressed (and lose hope in humanity, yup).

I favor Italian food, mainly because it fills me up quite quickly. That, and tastes so good. Nice, with tomato sauce, meat, pasta, etc. Never had better food in my life.

Italian food is good and likely one, if not the best, in the world (I'm a bit biased on that, anyway, being Italian)
And Ash, the usage nutella gets in Italy is nowhere near the one that peanut butter gets in the US.
Yes, it's quite common and also used in pastry and stuff, but it's no national speciality and many people simply do not use it as it is unhealthy and very fatty. It's simply considered as a normal industrial product.
I can assure you that Italian pizza differently from the American one, is healthier and much more tasty.

I think the only good thing I can make is egg drop ramen, with chicken. Don't buy Top Ramen. Buy good Ramen like Sapporo Ichiban.

!!! Microwaved Pizza !!!

It's cheap! It's easy to prepare! It has over 9000 flavour enhancers which will make you eat even more of this delicious masterpiece! It will make your belly grow much bigger. With a bigger belly you won't feel cold during winter months. With a bigger belly you won't drown and swim like a god no matter if you're going to the beach or just visiting the public swimming pool. With a bigger belly you'll have much more comfortable belly-lands. With a bigger belly your body will have more mass which will make you experience more gravity which will in turn reduce the chance to float out into outer space or to go belly-up !!!
But enough about bellies...

Let's talk about variety! There are all kinds of coulors, sizes and flavours! Like Pizza Egg... or Pizza Beacon... or Pizza Saussage... or Pizza Spam...
Or Pizza Egg Beacon... or Pizza Spam Saussage...
Or egg sausage and bacon, egg and spam,
egg bacon and spam, egg bacon sausage and spam,
spam bacon sausage and spam,
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam,
spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam.

By the way... Did you know that the pizza was invented even before the wheel came out? In these days people realized that a circle was the best way to shape with vegetables coated pita bread. In this special state it was easy to cut out quarters which could be moved to the mouth without making the vegetables fall down to the ground. One day a forgotten, five day old pizza fell down and landed right on its edge. To everyone's surprise it started to roll. The old pizza rolled and rolled until it reached the end of a hill. By collision with a giant rock the body of the brave ol' pizza was shattered. After the owners of the pizza shed a few tears for the pizza and the imagination of the beautiful meal it could have been they decided that its death shouldn't had happened for nothing. So they all took their clubs and connected them with some other old pizzas to gilde down the hill, too. That was the natal hour of the wheel and the bicycle...

Ouf... I'm sorry... that story makes me always sad...
Sure it was a good thing for humanity to get wheels and stuff... but at what price? What did we sacrifice? The live of the brave ol' pizza !!!

I feel sick... :'-(

Pork adobo! it is literally food of the gods... well it depends who cooks it (i like my moms version :D) and btw adobo is a really tasty phillipino dish, if your still confused search it up in wikipedia.

Prime 2.0 said:
Fresh Venison(deer meat) Sausage.

Seriously, that stuff kicks ass.

Venison's not bad. I myself think jerky tastes better when it comes to venison though. Then again, I used to buy jerky from this guy who always made a ton of it whenever the flea market came to town. His was the best, because he had like, 20 kinds of jerky. When he said he was retiring from it, I almost cried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back