The first of the Fallen (fallen1.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Plushima

Princess of Dreams
Judge

"The Fallen" is an idea I came up with awhile back. They're an organization of shadow mages, in constant attempt to recreate a catastrophic force, known as the Tainted Light. It consists of five beings, each with there own unique abilities, but all stemming from shadow magic.

What this WAD bascally is, is a boss made out of one of the members of The Fallen. This particular one is abe to split himself into multiple copies, each copy is capable of flight, but cannot use any other form of Shadow Magic.

Yes, the sprites are just a sorcerer I've seen in a few places, I think it was from the original Doom. I'm not that good at spriting, ok >_>

http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=9fdc3a16dd3439b8643029afead22ea2

Battle takes place on MAP03, go play.

Draykon said:
Yes, the sprites are just a sorcerer I've seen in a few places, I think it was from the original Doom. I'm not that good at spriting, ok >_>
WRONG! It was from Heretic.

Sounds pretty cool, Draykon, I'd like to see this developed.

BlazingPhoenix said:
Draykon said:
Doom, Heretic. Both games by id(Developed Doom, published Heretic)

Dark Legion said:
BlazingPhoenix said:
Draykon said:
And both used the same/similar engines if I'm not mistaken.

I'll Begin said:
Dark Legion said:
BlazingPhoenix said:
Draykon said:
And both used the same/similar engines if I'm not mistaken.
That is right. Have a cookie.

This is one of the best bosses I've seen. It's alittle hard but that's ok and you should make the camera lock onto the boss so you always know were it is.

DanteEX said:
So then this boss is like the Doom boss?
Nonono, it just uses the sprites.

emerlgx said:
This is one of the best bosses I've seen. It's alittle hard but that's ok and you should make the camera lock onto the boss so you always know were it is.
SA Mode >_>

Draykon said:

"The Fallen" is an idea I came up with awhile back. They're an organization of shadow mages, in constant attempt to recreate a catastrophic force, known as the Tainted Light. It consists of five beings, each with there own unique abilities, but all stemming from shadow magic.

What this WAD bascally is, is a boss made out of one of the members of The Fallen. This particular one is abe to split himself into multiple copies, each copy is capable of flight, but cannot use any other form of Shadow Magic.

http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=9fdc3a16dd3439b8643029afead22ea2

Nice. This is HARD. I'm definitely gonna try and beat it with my bro.

EDIT:

Speaking of my bro, We both worked on a wad called Kirbypack.wad. You have to fight a giant Kirby on a warpstar. Its funny. No new levels or anything. Just that and changed music. If you combine the two wads, Its Hilarious! XD

Definitely a neat concept, but you people need to realize that bosses that move really, really quickly and erratically and frequently fly out of your reach aren't fun at all. You should be able to keep the boss within your line of vision at all times; bosses should only move like that if it's part of some sort of attack, and that attack should be used sparingly.

Draykon said:

"The Fallen" is an idea I came up with awhile back. They're an organization of shadow mages, in constant attempt to recreate a catastrophic force, known as the Tainted Light.(KINGDOM HERATS!!!) It consists of five beings, each with there own unique abilities, but all stemming from shadow magic.

What this WAD bascally is, is a boss made out of one of the members of The Fallen (Organization XII ). This particular one is abe to split himself(Xemnas) into multiple copies, each copy is capable of flight, but cannot use any other form of Shadow Magic.

Why does this reminds me of Kingdom Hearts?
This looks sweet, by the way.

Ritz said:
Definitely a neat concept, but you people need to realize that bosses that move really, really quickly and erratically and frequently fly out of your reach aren't fun at all. You should be able to keep the boss within your line of vision at all times; bosses should only move like that if it's part of some sort of attack, and that attack should be used sparingly.
The boss does spwan clones down to attack you, so you can just try to hit that one, and bounce to another, until you hit the boss. It can take some time to hit the boss, but at least it is possible to complete.

Well Silver, it might be because the Fallen were largly inspired by Organization 13.

Also, Ritz, you make a good point. A_SkullAttack was the only action I could find to move the main boss far enough away from it's clones, and it always seems to do way more bouncing than it needs to.

DanteEX said:

Doom anything has a ****load of health, slow, and progetile based.

Like eggman with less react-time and more spawnhealth.

DanteEX said:
The Disciple of D'Sparil is not a Doom boss, it is an enemy in Heretic that fires three purple projectiles to the left, middle and right.

Also, can I do maps? I can rip some Heretic textures that can be used for this and plus I need something big to do. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back