Thanksgiving is now officially RICKROLL'D!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gemini Spark

The EX version
Whoever watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade today know what I'm talking about! Rick Astley appeared today on the Foster's float and sang the Rickroll song. He's just never going to give it up! *shot*

I see you, SSNTails! Go ahead and clap with giddy schoolgirl delight, why don't you? Everybody discuss!

Gemini Spark said:
Whoever watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade today know what I'm talking about! Rick Astley appeared today on the Foster's float and sang the Rickroll song. He's just never going to give it up! *shot*

I see you, SSNTails! Go ahead and clap with giddy schoolgirl delight, why don't you? Everybody discuss!
I know! I SAW! I was thinking that ONLY the imaginary friends would sing! BUT THEN I HEARD THE RICK ROLL MUSIC! My mouth was open the WHOLE time! I GOT RICK ROLL'D ON TV! YAHOO!

Well, SOMEONE gave those imaginary friends up. Possibly because they let them down. So they turned around and deserted them. *bricked*

hey guys a tv show had that song omfg its rickrolled

Really. What's the point? I don't get what's so cool about the RickRoll song.

THE FIENDISH SONG THAT KNOWS NO BOUNDS!!!

Zion Crayson said:
As you may know, there's a certain song by a certain singer that's hyper-overused. Well, apparently, it knows no bounds. I was watching the Macy's Parade, and when they came to the Foster's float, it happened! I tell you, this song must be stopped! I was lucky enough to change the channel, but I'm still enraged. A great parade gone horrible because a certain British bastard is actually a demon in disguise!

Discuss your thoughts about the incident and/or the song itself here, but I warn you: If you say you like this lame-ass song, you WILL get missiles and stuff launched at you! (Not really, but you know what I mean.)
That's what I put down on my topic. Anyways, if there's one thing that I hate more than anything else on this planet, it's that lame-ass song...I think it's too late to go back to the duck if parades aren't safe from this demonic trend.
Lightning_The_Hedghog and SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
It was my favorite part of the whole parade.
...O_o I don't know what's wrong with you, but if you actually LIKE that song, you're obviously messed up in the head somehow...

I actually like the song, myself. What makes the rickroll so comedic is honestly the absurd 80s music video that goes with it. The song itself is perfectly normal.

No, Zion Crayson.

It's only annoying because it's been used for Rickrolling people on the internet. Never Gonna Give You Up was even top of the UK and US charts in 1987. How can it be "a lame-ass song" if it was also a hit then?

Mystic said:
I actually like the song, myself. What makes the rickroll so comedic is honestly the absurd 80s music video that goes with it. The song itself is perfectly normal.

Same here. It is a pretty catchy song for its day. I don't find the song bad at all.

How they actually convinced him to do this I have no idea, he's gone on record a number of times to be a little weirded out by it all. Eitherway, it's still a pretty catchy song, and Astley himself seems like a nice enough guy in his interviews and whatnot, most of the annoyance lies with lame-ass cartoons jumping the bandwagon, but I guess that's to be expected.

Sonict said:
Mystic said:

Same here. It is a pretty catchy song for its day. I don't find the song bad at all.
This.
Also, having Rick Astley play has nothing to do with Rickrolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back