Teh combo WAD... MR4.3 and Mecha Knux in one WAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tertu

cheap spirit
Check it out. The link is in my sig, and the WAD works perfectly. Tell me if you likey, tell me if you no likey.

Pretty big for a Combo WAD. Last time I checked, MR was 4MB and Mecha Knux was 335KB. It's big, but good. Great Idea aswell.

Teh purpose is to do something that to my knowlege has never been done before. Oh, and, MR and Mecha Knux are not modified in any way. One more thing, I used MR 4.3. Kudos to GCFreak. May RVZ glitch and not give you the 1UP and have a bunch of crap that makes it unbeatable next time you play it, FoxBlitzz and Zeshiro. It took me a whole 30 minutes to make and upload this WAD.

It's kind of pointless, yes. Let's call it a "proof-of-concept" WAD.

FSX said:
It took me a whole 30 minutes to make and upload this WAD.

I hope that before your soul moves on to the next life, you are granted the 30 minutes of your life you wasted just now.

FSX said:

Not kinda...it is very pointless. You won't ever here someone thank you for uploading this, so let me just say: "Awesome! I get to download something that's already on the main page compressed in zip format! And it's less convenient because I might want one file instead of the other! Yay!"

FSX said:
Teh purpose is to do something that to my knowlege has never been done before. Oh, and, MR and Mecha Knux are not modified in any way. One more thing, I used MR 4.3. Kudos to GCFreak. May RVZ glitch and not give you the 1UP and have a bunch of crap that makes it unbeatable next time you play it, FoxBlitzz and Zeshiro. It took me a whole 30 minutes to make and upload this WAD.

What i'd like to know is why it took you 30 minutes, it should take you like. 4...

File>Merge and merge it with another wad...
Nuff Said :)

First, please, PLEASE stop using "teh". It's spelled the.
Next, this is, indeed, pointless. Why would you do a merger of a map pack and a character wad? I could understand merging two or three map packs, but this? Nobody will EVER use this, not to mention it's inconvenient.
A guy tries to join a netgame "Error: You need stupid MR4 + Mecha Sonic wad". <Guy> "WTF? I have both of those wads! Now I need to go redownload both of them as one pack just so I can join this stupid game -_-".
I think I rest my case.

I SAID IT WAS PROOF-OF-CONCEPT!

It took me 15 seconds to make this. I did do File>Merge in XWE. Most of the rest of the time was upgrading XWE, and trying to upload this. sendspace wasn't working, so I had to use MegaUpload.

Mario from the Addons section is a good example. It has two WADs in its ZIP. If the guy wants people to have Bowser as the boss when they are using Mario, he can integrate the WADs.

This WAD is more about the idea than the actual substance of the WAD.

Well not many people are gonna use it... :roll:
You should have asked permission from the creators of the 2 before making a merged wad. :wink:

FSX said:
I SAID IT WAS PROOF-OF-CONCEPT!

It took me 15 seconds to make this. I did do File>Merge in XWE. Most of the rest of the time was upgrading XWE, and trying to upload this. sendspace wasn't working, so I had to use MegaUpload.

Mario from the Addons section is a good example. It has two WADs in its ZIP. If the guy wants people to have Bowser as the boss when they are using Mario, he can integrate the WADs.

This WAD is more about the idea than the actual substance of the WAD.

That's nice, but it's not worth releasing in the Messageboards. Releasing something that's already out is a waste of everyone's time. It would be nice if this wad had some convenience to like the Mario pack you're comparing it to.

The Mario wad is set up that way incase you want to make the Mario experience a bit better. Mecha Knux doesn't make Mystic Realm anymore mystic or realmier than it already is. You could have found more relevant wads to combine is all I'm saying. Try a character and a level they actually go with next time.

(Ex: Mario.wad and CZ64's scr_supermario.wad)

All he's saying is he wasted half an hour to prove us you can merge character and level wads. Hoo-rah.

This wad is useless. And what do you mean by "proof of concept"?

Go get Mystic. Tell him to give me a long lecture. Changing sig from "My" to "Combo".

EDIT:

I proved the concept of wasting time and energy by making these. Shuffle and Zesiro proved it by continuously saying what they already said before. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back