Techron Character WAD V1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karuno said:
BlazingPhoenix said:
Are you blind, sonic260? Techron isn't a recolor.
No, he's not. This character looks alot like Espio in a metal suit.

Is a response

Cue said:
Is it me or does it look kind of out of place? It's got the same feel to it as the current Knux sprite set, I'm sure...

Also:

sonic260 said:
Nice fan char! but we can't do recolor's anymore.

Says the kid with two recoloured Sonics with tails for an avatar...

You say that as if I already made a WAD out of it.

Jacy said:
He was saying it hypothetically... Wasn't he?
Yes. Thanks Jacy.

I thought the "..." would have implied me thinking of a random animal on the spot, so of course I would have been speaking hypothetically.

Hmmm... That looks like Metal Sonic in an Espio disguise, and a bad one at that. *waits for fix'd version*

Chaos Knux said:
Hmmm... That looks like Metal Sonic in an Espio disguise, and a bad one at that. *waits for fix'd version*
There CAN'T be a fixed version of a recolor, Chaos Knux, unless it changes to something entirely different.

Hyper Metal Sonic X said:
I know I need to fix a couple of frames and pictures, and I will in the next release…So enjoy the WAD and music...and tell me what you think.
I was referring to this, Karuno.

Actually, this is just Metal Sonic from Sonic Heroes with Shadow's spikes, Espio's head, and Metal Sonic's tail put together.

Karuno said:
Chaos Knux said:
There CAN'T be a fixed version of a recolor, Chaos Knux, unless it changes to something entirely different.

Show me a sprite proving that is a recolor.

Seriously even if its a "Recolor" its a quality one, kinda like Senku Niola's recolors.

You're missing the point. This is alot like Metal Sonic, Super Sonic, and Espio put together. It's based off of another character, and whether it's good or not, it's still a recolor. Even if Senku's recolors have good quality, Sonic with clothes and a sword doesn't make it an original character.

Karuno said:
You're missing the point. This is alot like Metal Sonic, Super Sonic, and Espio put together. It's based off of another character, and whether it's good or not, it's still a recolor. Even if Senku's recolors have good quality, Sonic with clothes and a sword doesn't make it an original character.

So? Its kinda hard to make something without it being a copy/recolor of something. Sonic is a recolor of a hedgehog, Tails is a recolor of a fox, Yoshi is a recolor of a t-rex (kinda), Mario is a recolor of a fat italian plumber, koopas are recolors of turtles, bowser is a recolor of a koopa. There are just too many things floating around the internet for something to be "original" without copying somebody in some way shape or form.

That's entirely different. Nintendo had creativity, and put a bunch of cool people and things together. Everything is a recolor of the original, if you think of it. However, in srb2, a recolor is simply an edit, a color change, stat change, or something that looks strikingly like something else.

recolor: is just a color change why do you think it's called recolor?
He's an EDIT you hear me? ED-IT.

astar said:
Still. Edits take as much effort as recolors do. Same thing. It's in the rules. Stop acting like I'm stupid for not saying "edit."

Yea but not all recolors are bad, just the ones which make them over powered and change the sprite color to their fan character. as for the rest that actualy do put effort into their characters make soc'd abilitys for them etc.

astar said:
recolor: is just a color change why do you think it's called recolor?
Let me add to that
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recolor
Wikipedia said:
Original characters are common in sprite comics, webcomics created using sprites, and are sometimes used in fan games. "Recolor" is the general term for a simply modified version of sprites and other images. Recolors are usually created using default bitmap programs such as Microsoft Paint when colors of a certain character's palette are replaced with different colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back