Techron Character WAD V1

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Long time no see, SRB2 message boards!”

Yeah, I’m back and I’m releasing my character WAD (bite me) now don’t go running off, I know how much you all hate re-colours, so I tried my best to make Techie here, look nothing like the re-colours that you have been plagued by, from what I hear.

Anyway, as for my character, Techron, I’ve tried my best to make his ability’s fit him realistically.

1. Super jump height could not be achieved, so I placed double jump
2. Being a machine, he doesn’t breath, so underwater and space countdown has been disabled
3. Yet another mecha advantage, chemicals doesn’t hurt him
4. Machine gun = rings slinger on

Originally, I placed a cloaking ability when Techron stood still making him 50-70% transparent, but in private netgames, people just stood on high sniper spawn spots and shot to their own content.

He may look similar to a re-colour in sprite version, but in full picture mode, people say that he looks nothing like an main official character (Except Espio)

Here's a detailed pic of him:
techiekg3.png

I know I need to fix a couple of frames and pictures, and I will in the next release…So enjoy the WAD and music...and tell me what you think

Download Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/3inn0k
If the file is too big tell me and I’ll see what I can do

ScreenShot:
wewehc4.png

I have full respect for this guy, but I see two problems.

1. Doesn't spin, so it's hard to go in some places. however, that's just minor. Not much char.s spin anyway.

2. Superform is Sonic?!? Either this is incomplete, or you made a typo in the S_SKIN, as in:
Code:
superanims = 1
instead of:
Code:
superanims = 0
So... Yeah. Get around that last issue, and he looks AWESOME!!! And you're right, at sprite hight he DOES look like a recolor of Espio, only more of a metal version than a recolor. Great job!

Yeah, I forgot to list that, since Tech's core is bulkly, Realilstically he can't do a spin dash or anything like that.

And thank you for pointing out that Super Sonic problem, Tech dosen't have a super form. I'll fix that in the next release

No Prob. If he had a super form, though, he's probably have an "overpowered" status. LOL. Although, Super Metal Sonic isn't overpowered... I think. In SRB2JTE, however, that's a different story. XD But I need to tell you something. When you jump, you hear a clicking sound go with the "verrrrrr" sound. Is there a way to fix this? If there is, you should try fixing it.

I didn't mean that, but I guess we can just deal with the sound anyway. Keep up the good work on this, btw. :)

Hey welcome back and nice character wad, i'll be sure to test him out later and gve you the list of bugs found later.

Prime 2.0 said:
A fan-character wad with concept art? How novel.
Baconman had concept art.
Anyway, I haven't bothered to download it yet, but looks like a Metal Espio. Call it that instead, make it spindash, maybe add a superform and it should be ok. It would also avoid the 'recolor' label.

Is it me or does it look kind of out of place? It's got the same feel to it as the current Knux sprite set, I'm sure...

Also:

sonic260 said:
Nice fan char! but we can't do recolor's anymore.

Says the kid with two recoloured Sonics with tails for an avatar...

BlazingPhoenix said:
Are you blind, sonic260? Techron isn't a recolor.
everything based on sonic is a recolour, =/ no matter how much you put into it, it's always a recolour. there can be good recolours and there can be ones like a yellow sonic with purple shoes or ones to senku's, even though every fan character is a recolour, this looks good =P

Heck if I made a... goat... It'd probably still be considered a recolour, because I'd be basing it off Sonic's sprites.

Yeah, I haven't been on forever either. I'm still looking for bugs and stuff, so I'm not sure how I feel about this wad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back