• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Tails

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST218

Yeah, he can kill guys that way (TAILS VS. JETTY! AIR BATTLE OF THE CENTURY!!!) and personally I think Tails is underrated. In my opinion, he is also underpowered, DM-wise, but he is more useful in a match than people believe (Explaining why I use him in matches).

Uh, guys, Tails sucks. Bad. He's slow, his flying isn't very helpful, and he's just a sitting duck to the other players.

In one player, he's great, but in multiplayer, don't bother.

In one player he isn´t very good too... Yeah, it´s good to find a path without enemies, but if he cannot go there, he is worse than Sonic or Knuckles... And killing badniks too :?

Tails is also the only character whose special attack sucks. Sonic has his Speed Thok, which can be risky but powerful, Knuckles has his gliding, which is definately the best overall attack in the game, and Tails can attack with his tails. Seriously, the chances of you attacking an enemy with your Propeller Hikou without getting hit is extremely slim. I often avoid using Tails at all unless I'm in Castle Eggman Zone Act Two.

So, um, yeah, I'm just adding onto the critism on Tails.

Hey, Tails is very usefull in boss levels in which Eggman is over a pit, he can just fly over and kill Eggman with his tails.

Shaflugi said:
Hey, Tails is very usefull in boss levels in which Eggman is over a pit, he can just fly over and kill Eggman with his tails.

You have a point there, as he's the best character to use to beat the Final Zone in Mystic Realm. But most of the bosses aren't even over a pit, and the other characters can handle them well if you use backpedal.

Tails = Slow
Sonic = Fast
Knuckles = Faster than Tails But Slower than Sonic(Note: This is a pointless reply).

Agreed. There are a lot of ways SRB2 is balanced, but Tails's laughable speed is one of the most serious and easy to fix.

Okay, so maybe Tails should be made faster. But please, don't make him as fast as Knuckles.

However, Tails was made solely for beginners. People who are new to SRB2 may not be able to handle the speeds of Sonic or Knuckles as well as you guys do. Tails is slow, but that makes him easier to control. It's a good trade-off, if you ask me.

That shows you haven't done a lot of playing as both characters. Knuckles is considerably easier to control because of his glide alone, a move with forward thrust that allows fine turns. His speed is actually an advantage for beginners, making it easy to get out of dangerous places.

I prefer beginner characters to at least have some uses for more advanced players. Currently, Tails can't do anything.

a441 said:
That shows you haven't done a lot of playing as both characters. Knuckles is considerably easier to control because of his glide alone, a move with forward thrust that allows fine turns. His speed is actually an advantage for beginners, making it easy to get out of dangerous places.

I have a lot of difficulty playing as Knuckles, because he seems way too light. And I play as him more than Sonic and Tails, in hopes of controlling him better.

Jake is right! Tails seems too heavy, but sonic is right. Why can't Tails stop flying when he is flying? This can be frusterating in space levels, when you want Tails to go DOWN, not UP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back