• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SuperSonicRE

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not flaming you. He is giving honest critique, and I agree on all his points. The shading is absolutely grotesque in particular. And really, it'd just be another Sonic, or just a Sonic with Superglide.

He's not flaming you. He is giving honest critique, and I agree on all his points. The shading is absolutely grotesque in particular. And really, it'd just be another Sonic, or just a Sonic with Superglide.
Well do you have any thoughts for me to improve it?

Don't shade it like that (or AT LEAST fix the current shading), fix all the sprites so it actually looks like the same character from different angles. Still don't think I'd use it either way, though.

I think he should've kept the sprites in the first post. Those have the neat glow effect as a JPEG.

JPEG has nothing to do with that shading that he used before. All it does is make the image lose quality. It doesn't magically change the shading. He can make the same glow effect using PNG.

Honestly, I still don't see any need for this wad. As I said before, the original super sonic wad was made because there were no official super sonic sprites at the time.

Last edited:
No, the shading is on BACKWARDS. The DARKER colors go on the OUTSIDE while the LIGHTER colors go INWARD. Seriously, shine a lamp on a sphere, and LOOK at it, and tell me that this sprite is shaded just fine. Heck, I even tried fixing this shading, and it's STILL as ugly as sin! (Granted, I didn't try too hard. It was a quick job in Paint.net, and I should have used more "yellow" colors than "Light yellow") Frankly, it just looks ugly to me still, shading factored in or not.

After some decision, I decided that D00D is right about the backward shading being VERY BAD. So, I fixed it.
I used some parts D00D fixed on his sprite so yea. Thanks D00D. Anyways I hope this one is better.

Actually the backwards shading looked kinda nice, because Super Sonic shines with an inward glow and the only possible thing other than no shading at all is inverted shading. Like in SSBB. Know what I mean?

Wow! This project started so long ago...
I still remember my very..very bad shading skills...
Whoever liked the first shading style I think is crazy...
So, I think I'm just going to cut to the chase...I decided to can this project...
It got boring and I thought it was going nowhere...
So Torgo, you can lock this topic now... :D

Alright, I will lock it. If you ever wish to start over, you can either give me a private message or just make a new topic.

Locked by request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back