Super Smash Bros Brawl (Label your Spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super mystic sonic said:
If all goes well, new characters should be shown by next week. Today they've added Mario and Link. The site will update every day, so thats a good thing. Its quite obvious they'll show the already-known characters first. Then will come the new ones.

If they keep updating only the characters, I ques it would go like this:

Wednesday (Today): Mario & Link
Thursday: Kirby & Pikachu
Friday: Meta-Knight & Pit

Monday: Wario & Fox
Tuesday: Samus & Zero Suit Samus
Wednesday: Snake & (NEW!!)

I bet they'll first show characters as "NEW" characters like Yoshi, DK, Captain Falcon, Peach, Bowser and Marth and stuff.
Uh, they don't have to reveal a new character every day. They could choose to reveal new stages, items or modes, too.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Uh, they don't have to reveal a new character every day. They could choose to reveal new stages, items or modes, too.
Super mystic sonic said:
If they keep updating only the characters, I guess it would go like this:

Cut of a part of my quote.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Super mystic sonic said:
Tomoko Sasaki - NiGHTS

That gives me an impression that NiGHTS might be in the game, Or rather, make a stage based on it.

Exactly! There are also a few other musicians that can give you the idea that their characters are gonna be in. There are also musicians devoted to third party games such as Kingdom Hearts,(Not gonna be in. Nearly sure about that), Chrono Trigger, and that stuff. Although they could also just help a bit with the music in Brawl without any character related stuff.

mario_070523b-l.jpg

Used to Sonic only making these kinds of breakdance moves? Guess again! Anyways, take a close look at Mario. See any differences on his clothing? Even more detailed pants than on the previous Smash Bros Melee game. And the shirt got a graphic makeover too! This is the second time Smash Bros amazes me with its graphics. First Smash Bros Melee(Although I never looked at any picture for the gamecube on purpose. Just release dates.), and now this. Good graphics are always welcome if the gameplay is already fun.

Smas Bros.Dojo said:
Battlefield
The song called "Menu 1" found under the topic "The Musicians" plays on this stage.
So does this mean that the will song play on the menu and the stage then?

I'd like to take the time to point out the last paragraph on the music page:

We've asked our group of arrangement supervisors to listen to an elite selection of Nintendo music and asked them to arrange several of their favorite songs...which means there will be quite a number of songs.

So the only thing they're even doing is helping with the music. There's no guarantee that the list of composers has anything to do with what third parties are involved with the game, and the fact that Masahiro Sakurai (the game's director and the man who writes this blog) said some time ago that there would only be two or three more third party characters past Snake means extraneous characters are very very unlikely. If any of those group resources show up in any form, it'll either be stages (also unlikely) or a ridiculous number of new trophies (the most feasible idea). But likely, they won't appear at all.

Another reason for the above is the fact that many of those composers did a lot of things other than what they're credited for; one reason they're credited for what they are on that page may simply be so you can recognize them easier if you don't pay attention to composer names in video games. For example:

- Minako Hamano, who is credited for Metroid Fusion alone, also helped Kenji Yamamoto with Super Metroid and Zero Mission. She did Brain Age's OST with Akito Nakatsuka.
- Motoi Sakuraba, credited for Golden Sun and and Mario Golf/Tennis, also did Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Baten Kaitos. He is, however, far more well-known around the video game music loving crowd for his work on the Tales series than anything else.
- Ryoji Yoshi tomi (last name separated due to the curse filter) is credited for the Wario Ware series, but also did the OST for Metroid II back in the day.
- Yoko Shimomura, credited for Kingdom Hearts, also did the music for Super Mario RPG and the Mario & Luigi series, Breath of Fire, Parasite Eve, and any of the Mana games that Hiroki Kikuta didn't do. One of her most famous soundtracks was Street Fighter 2, alongside Alph Lyra.

So yeah. The rumors due to this page are going a bit overboard. With all the games all these people worked on, you could start trying to throw 50 bajillion third party characters in, which isn't going to happen.

Arrow said:
Another reason for the above is the fact that many of those composers did a lot of things other than what they're credited for; one reason they're credited for what they are on that page may simply be so you can recognize them easier if you don't pay attention to composer names in video games.
While I don't doubt that, if this is the case, why on earth would the Mother 3 guy be credited for Chelnov? I mean, that's one of the most obscure games on the Mega Drive, it really took me by surprise.

Ritz said:
While I don't doubt that, if this is the case, why on earth would the Mother 3 guy be credited for Chelnov? I mean, that's one of the most obscure games on the Mega Drive, it really took me by surprise.

I suppose because maybe Sakurai thought people who had no idea what Mother 3 is (and there are a lot of those in the US) might recognize a game that did come out on our shores (but really... Chenlov? That's a wtf choice right there if ever I've seen one).

But it's important to note that he was still credited for Mother 3 on that page; Chenlov's side by side with it. So it's not like Sakurai chose a low-popular credit choice over another.

Ashura The Hedgehog said:
Old. It's been there since SSBM.

Not old, since Nintendo spent the last week building up to a site relaunch and redesign with a countdown.

There is new item called the gooey bomb. It sticks to opponents. It's like a little time bomb game. If your hit by it, it sticks to you. The only way to get it off is to touch someone else. It blows up after a short time. Who has it when it detonates receives damage and possibly a KO.

Earuto said:
It's taking a long time just to ubild the freaking game. I can't wait any longer.

Mr. Miyamoto said:
A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.

Of course, sometimes this isn't always the case, but...it's better to wait so at least we don't get a rushed final game. Patience :D

Actually, the game is supposedly really close to done. Either it's not done, or they're holding it off until holiday season to get the most sales. I'd put my money on the latter.

That probably explains the site's molasses update speed. They have 214 days to put it all up there! A single element a day is more than enough to get all content on there by Christmas. ;P

Trophies are unlockables, they wouldn't give away what could be considered a "Secret".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back