• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Super Schoolhouse zone (Baldi's Basics but as a Sonic stage)

Aquavine

Looks like Baldi's Basics Plus Is finally back from the year lasting update gap. And the game as a whole is becoming popular again, so as a BB's veteran (Since 2018) I knew I had to do something for this moment. So I decided to try making a whole sonic stage from all the content this game offers at the moment. This is what I made for now:
======================================================

======================================================
I started building this stage earlier today so it might be a bit bare-bones, but you can quite see what I'm going for with this project. I have much more things planned like:
-Implementing events into the stage as gimmicks (I'm sure about adding flood and gravity flip, but I might think about the rest)
-Custom graphics made in BB's style (If there's actual need for them)
-And actual platforming sections (Yes, there are going to be slopes in this stage it's just not the right moment for them)
And other smaller things.
I realise that this stage might be a bit hard to navigate around due to tight corridors. But I'm doing my best to make this stage less annoying to move around in.
This is a side project for me so there might be less updates over time because of me shifting to my main one instead.

I got some more sections and ideas done, here's what I added:
-Outside section
-Platforming in a platforming based game (WOW!)
-Conveyor belts (It's pretty rough in terms of level design at the moment.)
Here's the footage of the new sections:

(For some reason when I lowered the game's window size, the camera's sensivity got wierdly high and that's why I bump a few walls.)
The stage is a bit empty and that's because I will add more detail when I finish the level design. (And because there's too many wall textures and it's variants to import.)
This stage reminds me of that one Sonic Schoolhouse addon for some reason. And it's not because BB's is directly inspired by this game, it's just has this odd vibe to it.

I never played Baldi because it's not the kinda game I like to play and because it's a bit flat. It was more of a meme to me.
But I think this looks really cool. I think the gameplay being a bit rough definitely fits the thematic you're going for. I do however like the slopes and platforming sections, they don't take away from the Baldi setting too much and the way you showcase it in that video, it seems like it could be fun.

Are you going for something maze like or do you want to make people find the right way from the beginning? I doubt I'd find the way myself, but Baldi has also been about memorization if I'm not mistaken, so a maze would be fine, at least to me.

I never played Baldi because it's not the kinda game I like to play and because it's a bit flat. It was more of a meme to me.
But I think this looks really cool. I think the gameplay being a bit rough definitely fits the thematic you're going for. I do however like the slopes and platforming sections, they don't take away from the Baldi setting too much and the way you showcase it in that video, it seems like it could be fun.

Are you going for something maze like or do you want to make people find the right way from the beginning? I doubt I'd find the way myself, but Baldi has also been about memorization if I'm not mistaken, so a maze would be fine, at least to me.
I thought about making this stage in a specific way. It would work based on precision and not raw speed.
If you would play this stage as modern sonic or junio sonic you would simply bonk all the walls possible, actually being slower than players that can precisly navigate around the halls of the school with full accuracy.
And I don’t like the maze idea, I think about giving player a option to enter a classroom or faculty room that’s slower but rewards them with shields or rings. And this stage is pretty straight forward so a even a small variety in paths is cool to me.
And I’m sure I will make a custom poster that will say something like ”Precision beats speed” or something along these lines to communicate to player that they should hit the brakes a bit.
And yeah you can see these tens of hours in BB’s just from level design.
It’s pretty fun to design the schoolhouse, because in the full game each schoolhouse is randomly generated with seeds (like in minecraft) so even the most disgusting rooms would look completely normal if you encountered it in original game.
And there’s more to come than just simple hallways. You can even see it in the second video on this project with the conveyor belt.
Also there are going to be more visual variety, its just way too much textures too add for the moment.

In this update I made more visual changes by making custom textures, adding tables, and changing the faculty rooms walls. And making more progress on the stage layout too. And adding a new gimmick, the lockdown door. I will probably add another door earlier in the stage that opens with the one seen in the video. And if you back track to it there will be some kind of bonus room available. Like a room full of rings for example.

srb20116.png

srb20117.png

srb20118.png

I really like this tile based lighting system in BB+. I think I recreated it pretty faithfully to the original, but it might be just a bit too dark sometimes.
srb20119.png

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back