• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

[Super Mario] Replace Monitors with Blocks! (and pipes)

Baba_theBooey

patently stupid™
Untitled446_20231008192537.png

Hopefully a very simple mod. All it'll do is visually replace every type of monitor with an item block from Mario, complete with animations and all that. (Again, only visually; you won't be able to tell at a glance what each block gives, but that's accurate to Mario games anyways, so worthy sacrifice.) The only type that won't be blocks are Golden Monitors, which will be flashing pipes. Hopefully when finished it could play the applicable Mario sounds instead, and that empty Item Blocks could maintain their full hitbox when empty.

All I have are sprites; being stuck on Android, trying to mod this in myself is impossible. I need someone else with both Lua knowledge and probably access to SLADE.

Said sprites:

1. The blocks themselves

[SRB2] Item Monitors into Item Blocks.png

2. The pipes

[SRB2] Infinite Item Pipes.png

As I'm sure y'all can guess, this'll hopefully get used along with that Super Mario Bros. mod whose creator I forgor💀 the name of, lol

Update: I also drew sprites for the SMW Glass Roulette block, though it may not be added in anyways. For how I want it, certain monitors being randomly picked to be replaced (two per level), it'd likely require a .wad that edits the levels, which would defeat the point of this being a simple mod.

[SRB2] Item Monitors into Item Blocks2_20231008224357.png

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back