• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

[SUGOI 2] Sonic Uncovers Banning And Realizes Anime Spoilers Hurt Intricate Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BronsoKip Looks pretty good, and pretty neat, but, this map still feels like... Too tiny corridors... And without enemies... It's too easy like that, isn't it?
Other than that, looks nice as first map.

@BronsoKip For a person who just learned how to make a map this is excellent. While I do feel like it could use a sparse few enemies here and there to spice things up, the feel of the level is there. I do feel like you could've used a couple different textures as well to spice things up a bit and aligned them better and perhaps used a non-vanilla music track, but other than that the level has a nice flow to it and works well for what it is.

You may want to check again. the download link gives me a corrupt file, again.
Wasnt it a bad download, or the download link is broken again.

Hope no one else is having this problem, if anyone does tell so i can change the link.
If anyone else doesnt have this problem i will work on act 2.

Last edited:
Hello! :) I played the original SUGOI and was blown away, I think its amazing. I saw that another SUGOI was being set up on about the 17th and thought this was the perfect time to learn how to make a map. It wasn't quite as impossible as I thought it was. Sorry about the late submission, but it's completeable:

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xehtvxre862aocx/sunlitcavern.wad?dl=0
Title: Sunlit Cavern
Credits: None
Maintainer Notes: I'm having trouble implementing emblems into the map, but I will definitely get those done by the 31st. I will also attempt to polish and improve it by then, so if you have any feedback/criticism I'd love to hear it.

Screenshots:
TORpqR7.png
ajvyX51.png
Also, I hope everyone who celebrated had a merry Christmas! :D

Nice map overall! There where some misplaced grass mid textures and the rings were placed on the floor. You could play about with the brightness in some sectors to make it more immersive.

Other than that, this map was a test map that initially and it grew into a neat map.

Hello! :) I played the original SUGOI and was blown away, I think its amazing. I saw that another SUGOI was being set up on about the 17th and thought this was the perfect time to learn how to make a map. It wasn't quite as impossible as I thought it was. Sorry about the late submission, but it's completeable:

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xehtvxre862aocx/sunlitcavern.wad?dl=0
Title: Sunlit Cavern
Credits: None
Maintainer Notes: I'm having trouble implementing emblems into the map, but I will definitely get those done by the 31st. I will also attempt to polish and improve it by then, so if you have any feedback/criticism I'd love to hear it.

Screenshots:
TORpqR7.png
ajvyX51.png
Also, I hope everyone who celebrated had a merry Christmas! :D

For a first map it has a great design, various parts of the level are very good, The only thing i suggest is to make it challenging, good luck!

hate to say it boo, but your level can't be completed anymore. The sign alone doesn't end the level, you need an exit sector.

At least I was able to get there with no technical problem this time.

You don't need permission to create a level for this mod! Fiddling with other people's stuff is frowned upon, though.

hate to say it boo, but your level can't be completed anymore. The sign alone doesn't end the level, you need an exit sector.

At least I was able to get there with no technical problem this time.

Ok, I fixed everything.
Allready Changed the link to the Compleatable Level.

Anyway, here are some pics of Mount Torval Act 2:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I Just Started This Today.

I havent added Rings and Things, though.

Attachments

• srb20037.png
    srb20037.png
    168.4 KB · Views: 752
  • srb20038.png
    srb20038.png
    140.7 KB · Views: 750
Last edited:
Boo, for now, focus on refining act 1 before moving on to act 2.

When I took a look at your stage in zone builder, I found several walls were missing textures. I suggest you take a look around in 3d mode to locate them.

Edit: Got my speed booster animating and boosting, but now it's mute.

http://pastebin.com/aSiPvdcJ

Also I updated my level: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rhf8287tkmyukk/SC_SaphireFrost.wad?dl=0
By the way, if I need to make any refinements that I've missed, please let me know. Heck, if the link doesn't work I'd like to know.

Last edited:
Glaber,

Fun map! Amazing use of slopes, like the last map :). The part where you roll down and up around a bend and down onto some speed boosters that sends the player up into a breakable wall is an absolute blast! The music choice was great and added a lot of atmosphere to the level, and you have a good amount of paths for the player to explore.

I do have a few suggestions:

-I feel like there is somewhat of an over-reliance on springs when some regular level geometry could have done. For the most part, I wouldn't blame you if you choose not to change this, except for one area: the first yellow spring has no reason to be there when some platforms could have done the job. That one especially doesn't make sense, because it's placed right up near the platform it launches you up to, and robs that path of any flow up to that point.

-All the rings along this path (aside from the diagonal ones) aren't floating! Also, the underwater section in this path is much too dark, or the colormap is much too opaque. I could hardly see a thing when I went down there and my laptop is at full brightness!

flqj3WsTa.png

That's one of my favorite areas, btw. I love vertical platforming in cylinder-shaped areas, mostly because I know they're annoying to pull off in SRB2 :P

Otherwise solid map! The speed boosts were a fantastic addition and you use them in a satisfying way. The visuals were okay, definitely a step above the average user-made map, though I don't like the main wall texture and think that the SRB2Xmas GFZ replacement would've looked better, along with some more texture variety in general, but that's just preference! Also I don't know if there were any emblems. I played the map 4 times, exploring quite a bit as I went, but I only found emerald tokens and not emblems. Maybe I'm not good at exploring!

Anyway, good job!

PS: You misspelled "sapphire" in the wad file.

EDIT: Also how in the heck do you take screenshots without the HUD?

Last edited:
Finally, some feedback.

I'll be looking into that first yellow spring. As for any non-floating rings, I'll make sure they're floating come time for the final version. most non-floating rings were placed with objectplace opposed to being placed directly with zonebuilder.

The emblems are actualy being installed rignt now.

As for Sapphire's spelling in the file name. At least it doesn't matter as much as the spelling inside the level, but I'll still fix it.

As for how to take screenshots without the hud, enter showhud 0 into the console.

EDIT:
Level updated, there are now emblems and the sky texture was changed. if the bottom of the textue seems to show up too high in the sky, let me know because I had to rush out to door for work before I could test.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/au17lc9qam3v9xw/SC_SapphireFrost.wad?dl=0

Last edited:
My map is very near completion. I mainly need to place the rest of the rings and scenery objects. But for now, have a screenshot of the opening area :D

Behold, Abandoned Airbase Zone!

fo89EXJ7V.png

I may upload the completable map later tonight and finish polishing in the days to come. I'll definitely have it done by the 31st.

So, um

In favor of bringing out a more polished map (and also due to heavy procrastination issues), I decided to not submit my map for SUGOI 2.

A lot of these maps are very interesting, and I'm excited to see what else the community rolls out.

I've updated my submission to a state where it's basically finished. While there are one or two more things I might like to add, it should be fine to get in now (unless, of course, someone points out some kind of major flaw)

Post is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back