Suggestions

I've mentioned it before I think, but I feel like Pandora's Box should actually be an early but incomplete reward, maybe tie individual cheats in it to certain emblem counts, with the final one being around 50-25 emblems under 100% completion so that the player can mostly just go after the ones they want rather than having to get them all to unlock everything.

Yeah
Certain cheats are also rather handy for dev stuff as well (say, if you have a custom thing you need to test that requires all the Emeralds for a custom character, or that requires a lot of rings, and you haven't collected all the emblems yet). I wouldn't be in favor of outright removing their usability outside of Pandora's Box for the reasons OF ease of testing, just keeping it so that you can't use them without using devmode before the box.
Agreed, stuff like mapchange and stuff useful for modding and testing probably shouldnt be pandoras box only. Pandoras Box should def still have something more than it does currently, unless they're getting rid of pandoras box and just giving a new, better reward, in newer versions of the game like 2.3 maybe.

Last interesting unlockable at 100 emblems is fine.
The 100% shouldn't be forced and should be done for the fun of it and not because there is a reward, or at least make it fun and accessible.
Pandora box is more a way to get easier access to cheats for people who don't know how to use the commands(and some functionalities are exclusive to Pandora) and an easy way to reward the 100% without really asking people to do it.

Never liked the idea behind hyper sonic, the only apparition was sonic 3 & Knuckles and it was here to differentiate both types of emeralds more than anything, actually there isn't much difference with super(outside of colors and stats even more boosted) making it hardly interesting to put it for the sack of it.

Last interesting unlockable at 100 emblems is fine.
The 100% shouldn't be forced and should be done for the fun of it and not because there is a reward, or at least make it fun and accessible.
Pandora box is more a way to get easier access to cheats for people who don't know how to use the commands(and some functionalities are exclusive to Pandora) and an easy way to reward the 100% without really asking people to do it.

Never liked the idea behind hyper sonic, the only apparition was sonic 3 & Knuckles and it was here to differentiate both types of emeralds more than anything, actually there isn't much difference with super(outside of colors and stats even more boosted) making it hardly interesting to put it for the sack of it.
Doing it for the fun of it is cool, but are you saying there SHOULDN'T be a reward for getting all of them? Every game I can think of from the top of my head rewards you for collecting all of the "things". Making an interesting unlockable at higher than 100 emblems doesnt force anyone to get 100 emblems. What the heck makes you think 100% would be forced? If an interesting unlockable is at 200 is it forced? NOOOOO ITS NOT. If it's a character, i wouldn't call it forced but it'd be a damn good reward for the people who actually did 100% it, but its highly unlikely and no, i'm not asking for a character as a reward (if i did, it would be big the cat, since i view him sort of like an easter egg, possibly due to him being an april fools joke)

Hyper Sonic has always been a part of SRB2, and it being an easter egg for 200 emblems would be a neat enough reward. But it doesnt force anyone to collect 200 emblems. It's not like it's a new character, Hyper Sonic would probably be just like Super Sonic but armageddon thok and cant drown. Hyper Knuckles has never been a thing in the past of SRB2 but if they include Hyper Sonic it would only make sense to include Knuckles i'd think.

Again, I dont think hyper is really that good enough to where 200 emblems to unlock is really a bad thing. And no matter what the reward is for 200 emblems, I don't think you would be forced to 100% the game and get all the emblems. You can easily just not get that unlockable. Coming from someone who has gotten all 200 emblems, I dont think i'm very good at srb2, so i don't think its very hard to get all 200 emblems, and i cant say emblem hunting made me better at the game, though it might have.

Doing it for the fun of it is cool, but are you saying there SHOULDN'T be a reward for getting all of them? Every game I can think of from the top of my head rewards you for collecting all of the "things". Making an interesting unlockable at higher than 100 emblems doesnt force anyone to get 100 emblems. What the heck makes you think 100% would be forced? If an interesting unlockable is at 200 is it forced? NOOOOO ITS NOT. If it's a character, i wouldn't call it forced but it'd be a damn good reward for the people who actually did 100% it, but its highly unlikely and no, i'm not asking for a character as a reward (if i did, it would be big the cat, since i view him sort of like an easter egg, possibly due to him being an april fools joke)

Hyper Sonic has always been a part of SRB2, and it being an easter egg for 200 emblems would be a neat enough reward. But it doesnt force anyone to collect 200 emblems. It's not like it's a new character, Hyper Sonic would probably be just like Super Sonic but armageddon thok and cant drown. Hyper Knuckles has never been a thing in the past of SRB2 but if they include Hyper Sonic it would only make sense to include Knuckles i'd think.

Again, I dont think hyper is really that good enough to where 200 emblems to unlock is really a bad thing. And no matter what the reward is for 200 emblems, I don't think you would be forced to 100% the game and get all the emblems. You can easily just not get that unlockable. Coming from someone who has gotten all 200 emblems, I dont think i'm very good at srb2, so i don't think its very hard to get all 200 emblems, and i cant say emblem hunting made me better at the game, though it might have.
The problem is if you make the reward too interesting, 100% becomes mandatory in the sense of needing to do it to get the reward, or else you don't get it.

An alternative way of doing things that doesn't actually change anything but makes players feel fully accomplished without having to do absolutely everything is to set "100%" at a lower point of completion, and have everything after that go above 100%. For example, how the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro games often handle it. This is a way of conveying to the player that they've done everything necessary to consider the game completed, but they can keep going for bragging rights, maybe with a slightly shiny reward attached that isn't anything too significant. Locking Hyper forms behind that would probably be going too far actually, but maybe something like the ring, lives, or gravity modifier cheats in Pandora's Box would suffice.

Metal Sonic wasn't mandatory in adventure and was just an easter egg, i never got metal sonic, but thats a whole entire character. But you're telling me you can make a reward so interesting that you HAVE to get it? Like most hard or time consuming easter eggs you may watch a video on youtube to see how it plays, i honestly dont think there can be a reward for 200 emblems thats so good that you're forced to do it. And if you dont want to do something that you're "forced to do"... what ends up happening 90% of the time, like homework for example

you don't do it. you don't NEED to do it. you CAN say the reason you got 200 emblems was for the reward, but that doesnt make it true. You got all 200 emblems because you wanted to do it, as in, there was incentive to do it. and that incentive made you want to do it. Incentive is not limited to reward, an incentive could be just cause its fun to collect emblems.

There is nothing wrong with a reward for getting 200 emblems. Nothing becomes mandatory when you put an incentive to doing something. If I were to give away $10000000000 and all you had to do was complete a survey, thats a really good reward, but you arent forced to get said reward. You arent forced to take a survey.
Incentive doesnt = Mandatory
After getting 200 emblems, you don't regret getting all 200 emblems.

If you're talking about the "I would get 200 emblems, but I dont have time for that OR im too lazy and dont want to do that cuz its hard and time consuming, but the reward is so enticing ):<<<<<"
i... i kind of dont understand how to interpret your arguement. I can't actually see like what you're trying to get at.

Metal Sonic wasn't mandatory in adventure and was just an easter egg, i never got metal sonic, but thats a whole entire character.
Metal Sonic in Adventure is actually just a skin for Sonic, though I did always feel as though the requirements for unlocking it were a bit steep considering the hype of playing as Metal.

Metal Sonic in Adventure is actually just a skin for Sonic, though I did always feel as though the requirements for unlocking it were a bit steep considering the hype of playing as Metal.
Metal Sonic in Adventure is actually just a skin for Sonic

dark samus and daisy are just skins, they dont have any differences from the original character besides aesthetics. Metal Sonic even has a voice and stuff. Of course the requirements are steep, you're supposed to EARN it. I never got to play as Metal Sonic because I never EARNED it. Is it a bad thing? No. Do I regret not getting to play as Metal Sonic? No. Do I feel the NEED to get Metal Sonic, do I HAVE to, or more importantly, do I want to? NO!!!!!

It's not because he doesn't have any special abilities, he's as good as an echo fighter, but i very much believe that no reward will make you want to 100% a game. If you want to 100% a game, then you love the game enough to spend time playing the game and completing it. There's absolutely no reason to 100% botw, but people have done it, and alot of them were angry because they spent all that time collecting like 900 or something korok seeds for nothing. Alot of people dont want to collect 900 or so korok seeds, i know i dont, i always wanted to collect every shrine to get the armor, and then fully upgrade the armor, guess what happened, i did that. The shrine locater and hero's path are very useful, there is an emblem radar in srb2, and emblem hints.

There's no reward that would make me want to collect 900 koroks. But i mean 200 emblems to 900 koroks is an unfair comparison to be fair.

I would like Tails Doll and metal Knuckles to be added to have all the metal characters tails doll could be unlocked after defeating him in Darck City mostly because the Darck City boss is now the final boss and metal knuckles in Grand Eggship

I would like Tails Doll and metal Knuckles to be added to have all the metal characters tails doll could be unlocked after defeating him in Darck City mostly because the Darck City boss is now the final boss and metal knuckles in Grand Eggship
I EXTREMELY doubt the dev team wants to juggle 8 characters, 6 is hellish enough for level design.

Luckily, if you want to play Tails Doll and Metal Knuckles, we have add-ons for that. We have a set of each on their own, and we have a newer set of both, which is supported by Jeck Jim's models. Lots of characters you would want to play are available via add-ons.

dark samus and daisy are just skins, they dont have any differences from the original character besides aesthetics.
That is so wrong on so many levels, that it is a terrible example. Dark Samus has electrical effects attached to moves that have fire effects for Samus and can’t turn into a ball during certain animations. Daisy’s turnips function entirely different as well. Olimar/Alph and Bowser Jr./Koopalings would’ve been a much better example

I was under the impression that Daisy's turnips used to have a slight difference but it was patched and now the two are exactly the same instead of their differences being very unnoticable, and Dark Samus' electric effect will only have a difference against pikmin and when used with spirits probably

how are daisy's turnips entirely different

oh by the way i made sure not to list dark pit or lucina since they have ACTUALLY NOTICABLE differences

I have a suggestion.
Sometimes we play level and want to listen to the music but a powerup/super come and ruin it. I suggest a way to disable powerup/super music in case we just want to listen to the level music(and perhaps have a visual indicator for speedshoes to know when it end)

I have a suggestion.
Sometimes we play level and want to listen to the music but a powerup/super come and ruin it. I suggest a way to disable powerup/super music in case we just want to listen to the level music(and perhaps have a visual indicator for speedshoes to know when it end)
Visual indicators already exist, you just need to turn them on in settings. As for what you want, there’s probably a mod that does that somewhere

That not what I mean.
You can't load mod locally, aka everyone must share the same mods and the admin must agree about putting the mod

That not what I mean.
You can't load mod locally, aka everyone must share the same mods and the admin must agree about putting the mod
Being able to load mods locally without everyone sharing them in an online game would cause desyncs and incentivize cheating.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back