[Suggestion] What about SRB2 on DS?

What do you think about that idea?

• Good Idea!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, everybody doesn't have a M3 or other...

• I think the DS doesn't have good CPU and RAM...

• No, maybe the developpers can't createNDS homebrews...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Darktails~

Because I've ever played Doom on Nintendo DS, and considering that SRB2 is made on Doom motor game, is that possible SRB2 goes on DS using a supercard or Slot-1 card like M3DSS and R4Revolution for DS?
I know that it can take a long time, but I don't dispear it can be possible. I personnaly don't have the knowledge on programming DS code.

DSdoom: http://www.dsdoom.com/

(Hum... but where is the source?) (:-(

This has been discussed before, and it's not doable.

To sum up why, the DS simply does not have the power to play SRB2. A DooM port to it won't change that.

And, has been said before, the issue is not really that SRB2 is too powerful.

It's just that it squanders its avalilable power. A streamlined SRB2 would run on DS, easy. But noone cares. The only hope is after 1.1, in the hands of SSNTails.

FSX said:

...what?

Believe it or not, SRB2 pushes a lot more polygons than Mario 64.

This might sound kinda stupid, but would SRB2 on the PS2 be any easier? I'm fairly certain PS2 homebrew is possible, but is the system powerfull enough?

SSNTails said:

And what about Software mode? :P

But as I always say, you can make a specialized version that has simpler (less detailed) levels. That should reduce the number of polygons badly. Also reducing the size of all textures should do it. And let only MIDI music or some instrumented format, not OGG. That should give you a lot extra framerate.

Draykon said:
This might sound kinda stupid, but would SRB2 on the PS2 be any easier? I'm fairly certain PS2 homebrew is possible, but is the system powerfull enough?

I'm pretty sure it is. The main limitation of the Nintendo DS is the lack of RAM the system has.

Draykon said:

Well, the PS2 is stronger than the Dreamcast. Since we already have SRB2DC, it should work. The question is whether we'd have to modify the console to allow SRB2 to run on it or not.

I *thought* PS2 supported some type of USB keyoard. Of course, that just was what I heard from the Gameshark instruction maual. *shrug*

SSNTails said:
FSX said:

...what?

Whaaaat? How in the hell?

SRB2 on DS would be a neat novelty, but that's it. I honestly can't see how the game would play well on anything but keyboard/mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back