Stuff to put in SRB2ME (DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dsicovered one, the way that sucks because Knux can climb on the invisible FOF, and because it would cause lag in big levels, and I forget who made the other.

Kaysakado said:
I dsicovered one, the way that sucks because Knux can climb on the invisible FOF, and because it would cause lag in big levels, and I forget who made the other.

Why not just use the 242 linedef and set the lines to NOCLIMB? No FOFs required!

Um, I'm pretty sure you can just put stuff beyond the thok barrier. Just make sure there isn't a 3D Block next to the thok barrier. Also, you shouldn't have two sectors with the same floor height either.

JTEBOTs in regular SRB2, but only as an unlockable feature or in alternate gametypes.

Example:

Match-no bots allowed
BOTMatch- bots to fight

Useful when MS is down and you want to play tag/match.

Please discuss/nuke within a week.

Chaos Knux said:
JTEBOTs in regular SRB2, but only as an unlockable feature or in alternate gametypes.

Example:

Match-no bots allowed
BOTMatch- bots to fight

Useful when MS is down and you want to play tag/match.

Please discuss/nuke within a week.

It's been made clear (I think) that Bots aren't going to be in 1.1. JTEBots aren't even finished yet.

Kaysakado said:
I'll Begin said:
Level header option for a Genesis-style intermission screen, like you can still see the stage (and it's still being rendered) and the scores appear in front.
2. Actually, instead of continuing to render the level, the game should take a snapshot of it and use that as the INTSCREEN.
I don't think that would work. See, what if you want the scenery to still be moving? I don't think Crawlas would give up the chase just because you got to the exit. And what if you ended the level in the air? I`ll Begin's idea would give the best effect. Water would still be moving, conveyor belts, etcetera.

However, Kaysakado's idea would be simpler and might have better performance. However I really don't know the engine... I'm not sure if its possible to still render the level and simply paste the score screen over top of it.

JEV3 said:
However, Kaysakado's idea would be simpler and might have better performance. However I really don't know the engine... I'm not sure if its possible to still render the level and simply paste the score screen over top of it.
It'll be just like the HUD and title cards, right? Only, you can't move when you hit an exit sector, so you take more note of the score. Maybe people who haven't hit the exit sector yet would still be able to move but have the score tally anyway..? Eh, that would be rather unfair to those who did hit the exit sector, as those who move could still gather points. Perhaps SCORECARD = 0 would enable this, 1 being default. A console command, too. SCORECARD ON would be default. EXITMOVE = 1 would allow characters to move after they hit the exit sector, but not gain any points or collect Rings. Falling into a pit after the exit sector has been triggered spawns you on the end sign (Or center of the exit sector that was triggered, if no sign exists) and NO BONUS would show. All score tallying would halt, and score given will be taken away. If the score taken decreases past a multiple of 50,000, a life is taken. (Just so that people can't abuse it)

Actually that might be a good feature to have in races and such... when you'd rather continue running through the level than watch another player.

Maybe, when you hit the exit sector, you can still move, however, the camera won't follow you, and you can't go out of the camera's sight.

Wouldn't that kind of defeat the purpose of continuing to explore the level while waiting for other players to finish?

Also someone mentioned a DIE console command. I personally like the idea, because I've been in a map where I was inevitably going to die (red shield in lava pit and no way out) and I didn't feel like waiting 15 seconds to drown. It would still take away points and only be useful if you were going to die anyways, but the possibility could at least be there.

Also:

This was an idea I had a long time ago, which prompted me to TRY to figure it out in the exe, at which point I decided I'd be better off just forgetting about it and just making levels. It would be to ditch some of the Sonic 2 Race things, which defeat the purpose of racing in the level if since only one actually has to do with racing.

It could be:

Score - *already implemented*
Time - *already implemented*
Best Starpost Time - Would record the best time from one starpost to another of a higher value...
Slowest Starpost Time - Same as before but with the longest...
Damage Taken - Lower values are better; grades like matches...

Or something like that, it would effectively place emphasis on racing but not just on getting a real good time.

It was an idea for a better Full Race where people aren't just trying to get rings and stuff... Any thoughts?

Boinciel said:
Kaysakado said:
I'll Begin said:
Level header option for a Genesis-style intermission screen, like you can still see the stage (and it's still being rendered) and the scores appear in front.
2. Actually, instead of continuing to render the level, the game should take a snapshot of it and use that as the INTSCREEN.
I don't think that would work. See, what if you want the scenery to still be moving? I don't think Crawlas would give up the chase just because you got to the exit. And what if you ended the level in the air? I`ll Begin's idea would give the best effect. Water would still be moving, conveyor belts, etcetera.
Turns out we already implemented Kaysakado's idea...about 2 months ago.

srb20027.png

It takes a screenshot and then uses it as the background for the score tally.

Eh. I'll complain later. I still think having the level keep rendering would look cooler though.

Also, would it be possible to make the image darker like how the menu screen does it, with the HUD and scoreboard still normal brightness?

I'm almost sure someone else might have said this but I was thinking a box in matches that would make you invisible would be pretty cool, not sure if it's entirely possible though.

I like that, and it could have similar effects to the spectators, except that the glaring checho message isn't there and they aren't invincible. It could last for a short while or disappear when shot.

EDIT @ On Edge : Not if it only hampered the visibility and didn't completely destroy it. Like with Spectators... (Ghost powerup <.<) Though I don't really know how it would work in a netgame. Its practicality can only be guessed at...

Armand said:
Make translations of the game possible without using the wad system or modifying the source code... :)
I saw one month ago, that the story and all the menus were written into the exe. In fact, there are not many things to translate, but it can be useful to people who do not understand english well...

Instead of making "srb2win-en.exe", "srb2win-es.exe", "srb2win-fr.exe" etc... I think it should be easier to include these into a single exe.
Maybe not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back