Stuff to put in 1.09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestion for 1.09: Get rid of the 4k script limit. It drives me insane. The reason that REX isn't one big script file is because I keep getting 'command buffer full' errors, so I had to split it up into four parts.

A 1.09 "Lite" version should come with 1.09.. just the same game without OGG music. It'd be nice for 56kers that don't mind lower quality music.

Not sure how GFZ2 sounds better in MIDI, but whatever boats your float!

Hmm... I should downmix all of the oggs to midi so you get the stereo effects and stuff...

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Lower quality? I'm sure that many people around here could tell you they think MIDI is better in SRB2's case then any kind of mp3/ogg. Myself included. :?

I think the midis sound better too, but it IS a lower quality.. tha doesn't mean it doesn't sound good, though. :P

*Copies and pastes from #srb2fun*

I'm sure this has been brought up before, too lazy to check. Anyway: Rear view mirrors. Shouldn't be too hard to implement, just a small screen a la split screen mode in a corner somewhere, which is really just a duplicate of your screen with the camera locked onto your character in chasecam 0. Now, just apply the proper camera angle. Also, there should be an option to choose which corner of the screen the camera would be locked to.

Better yet... Instead of having a locked camera position, make it so that you can set what angle the camera is set to, which could be controlled with a console command like 'alt_camrotate 5'. Or something.

You could control the rear-view with the arrow keys if you use wasd, and vice versa! Seconded!

How about a binding button that zooms? Playing with the mouse is great and all, but using the rail in srb2 is kinda hard, even at a distance.

There IS a zoom, but it only works in OpenGL and is shut off in netplay, it's called "gr_fov". Put a number after it and it will zoom out, zoom in, turn upside down, whatever.

155 pages?!? Wow...
Anywho, instead of having to type SAYTEAM or SAYTO in the console, why not just hit the chat button and type in, like * or something to have it say to the team or &Ritz& to say to the player? That's a lot faster then opening the console all the time.

Chaos said:
How about a binding button that zooms? Playing with the mouse is great and all, but using the rail in srb2 is kinda hard, even at a distance.
Try running this script:
Code:
Alias "cco" "chasecam 0; bind 1 ccf"
Alias "ccf" "chasecam 1; bind 1 cco"
Bind "1" "cco"
Then, press 1 and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 14, Members: 0, Guests: 14)

Back