Stuff to put in 1.09

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Points to self* Xtreme will be done tommorow. If you understand the pun I've used, good on you. If not, bad boy... Seriously though, it'll be done in a while... I want the beta to be released in a week, but chances are, it's going to take longer...

I think there should be a time attack "total best time" statistic on the time attack menu. It would add up the totals of your best times and give you an idea how much better you need to be.

I know I'm going backwards, but different ways for each character, or at least Knux, would be good. Making knockles jump lower and making some places unreachable would send him on a different route. But to do this, you'd have to make some way to keep the other guys out. Sonic 3, if you recall, did this, and met with a very good story with no need for cutscenes. Make little "intervals" between levels that convey a sort of story without the use of words. That is all.

Ritz said:
BlazeHedgehog said:
But as of now they won't fit in with SRB2's style, unless they were used simply as placeholders.

But a couple of people are working on X-treme wads right now.

So then YOU can use the sprites. SRB2 doesn't use X-Treme graphics anymore unless someone puts an outside WAD in. :P

How about Red-Blue tinted 3d?

http://tinypic.com/as96d
(Whip out your 3d glasses for this one. Make sure that the red lens is on the left.)
I made it extremely seperated, so you can see the effect better.
It's simple: Bind screenshot to Q or something. Then, go to the place you'd like. Type CAM_STILL 1
ANALOG 1
Then, hold P and hit Q.
After that, hold O and hit Q.
Open those pictures in your most faved photo editor, and tint one red, the other blue. Edit the top layer's properties so that it's addition.

firemario1001 said:
I think there should be a time attack "total best time" statistic on the time attack menu. It would add up the totals of your best times and give you an idea how much better you need to be.

I put this together. Try it.

Slopes/Loops can be made... but it would be difficult to make them without removing the wad-support. You'd probably have to go Sonic Adventure style and have level models instead...

It would also involved someone well versed in linear algebra, which is a higher math than this project has someone who knows.

Getting the game to accept slopes is a lot easier than getting the game to render them.

Not necessarily straight linear algebra, but more of 3D computer graphics projection. I've explored it before... sticky stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 23, Members: 0, Guests: 23)

Back