Stuff to put in 1.09

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, if some crazy person who's in love with Tails (ME) tries to "Enhance his abilities", how would you get it back to normal without reinstalling?

It wouldn't work at all. It would tell you that the CRC check failed, and not to mess with the files. That's the WHOLE point of the CRC check. If you'd like to alter Tails, make an extra .plr file and call it tails2.plr or something, but don't edit the original. Editing the original is a bad thing, since it causes incompatibility problems in netgames, and the game won't be able to detect what is wrong. How hard is copy-paste anyhow?

I don't know if this was suggested but how about secret characters. Also what about instead of having that annoying trail of light ( I think it is annoying) replaced with like some dust kick up or wind kick up. Something like that.

Personally, I think the three characters in the game should be finished before secret characters are worked on.

Heh, it would be neat to have the current (crappy, for lack of a better term) Knuckles as a secret character...

Then you still shouldn't be cheating and making the character faster. By altering tails.plr, srb2win.exe doesn't detect you did anything, so for instance, lots of people used that trick to beat the special stages by adding extra rings to srb2.srb. Altering tails.plr to go faster is cheating, and would allow you to get the secrets easier. By forcing you to make your own file, you're giving srb2win.exe the information that you added a file and hence are cheating, and it won't let you unlock anything. You can still have your fun, but you don't cause incompatibility in netgames and the game knows what you're doing, and won't screw up on things that it would otherwise have trouble with.

Or, make a new tails wad and make a SOC that adds him to the character select screen.

The best way to balence Tails out would be to:
1: Allow him to run on water without speed shoes.
2: Better Flying control.
3: Better upward acceleration while flying.
Thats my 2000 rings on the subject

yes I agree with the flying control. Its too restrictive and a pain to control at times. I'll want to fly to the left or right and tails will keep on flying straight ahead.

Once upon a time, Tails ruled. Then since SH (or it should be SRB2), he sucked. The end!
cool.gif

Seriously: Makes Tails better. I still feel that the Knuckle-head is the beginner character.

Or else I'll use this:
Tomcat.gif

That'll bring bad memories to the fox boy!

Knuckles and tails can get better than sonic in some levels, though. I have a level that I just submtitted to the contest and sonic can barely play it. The best is knuckles.

Tails has sucked in the official games since Sonic Adventure 2 at least. Tails is rather weak in SRB2, I agree.

Stick "Default fog color" along with that.

Too bad that won't work in Software, but it's better than nothing.

When debug mode is enabled, make a feature to Jump to Axises in NiGHTS mode, like typing AXIS 4 in the console. When that happens, make Super Sonic move directly to the axis transfer that connects to the specified axis, much like he does when he reaches an axis transfer and the next axis point isn't in correct range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 16, Members: 0, Guests: 16)

Back