STH360 (50 % done) continues elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really see the point in making your own sonic wad, it looks so similar to mine you might as well just add NSonic when playing this mod.

nitro_the_hedghog said:
I don't really see the point in making your own sonic wad, it looks so similar to mine you might as well just add NSonic when playing this mod.

Really? I'm actually looking forward to seeing this get finished!
(after all, we need a new ng-sonic.wad)

darkness claw said:
HYPER SONILDOW said:
Ok, I guess I'll just work on the characters for a while. This critisism is getting on my freaking nerves. I won't work on the levels until I'm done with the characters. If anyone else comes up with anymore critism I don't care, I'll just be working on the characters.
I got to get off the computer right now, so the character modding starts tommorrow

Then Autosaver wrote
Dude,why release levels when you can't take criticism?
Seriously,if you want people to help your mod get better listen to it!
Acting a like a baby won't help your mod get better.

Give the guy a break! Seriously, he's trying his best to make a mod for people to enjoy. Isn't that something you should at least give some respect to?.

Autosaver is right DC. You are supposed to get critisism whenever you like it or not when you release certain types of wads, mainly when an improvement, or a big improvement is needed. If critisism wasn't invented, how would we improve on our wads?, how would we know if something right or wrong is in the wads? No one likes it, but you will have to live with it if you want to improve. If you can't take the critisism, I'm afraid you shouldn't release your work on here until you are ready to take in the critisism because you won't release any wads without any critisism. Not any wad is perfect you know =/.

Hyperknux said:
Autosaver is right DC. You are supposed to get critisism whenever you like it or not when you release certain types of wads, mainly when an improvement, or a big improvement is needed. If critisism wasn't invented, how would we improve on our wads?, how would we know if something right or wrong is in the wads? No one likes it, but you will have to live with it if you want to improve. If you can't take the critisism, I'm afraid you shouldn't release your work on here until you are ready to take in the critisism because you won't release any wads without any critisism. Not any wad is perfect you know =/.

That's true, but Autosaver wasn't giving 'Constructive Critisism', he was just trying to offend SONILDOW.

darkness claw said:
Hyperknux said:

That's true, but Autosaver wasn't giving 'Constructive Critisism', he was just trying to offend SONILDOW.

There's a difference between flaming & giving constructive critisism. Autosaver was giving him a small word of advice, a flaming example on the other hand would be *OMG take in critisism you n00b!* and looking at the other posts. I think SONILDOW needs to start taking in a bit more critisism if he wants this mod to improve. Heck, I've got a crap load of critisism for my mod, and do I care? not really, you just take the notes of the critisism, and then improve the bits which are wrong e.g. when Mystic gave me feedback about my mod a while back ago when beta 3 of my mod was out, he said what the good bits were, and what the bad bits were, and I concentrated fixing all the bad stuff to make it more better again. It's not hard really.

Chisuun said:
HS, read that post thoroughly. That is what will make this mod fun. It seems as though you rush your levels, don't spend time and effort in them. In my opinion, it would be better to miss the current contest to finish the level so that it'll be fit for the next contest, rather than to rush it for the current contest.
He's right, you rushed White Acropolis and Crisis City, no wonder they were somehow a bit short. Levels shouldn't be finished in 3 or 4 days, they should have been more long to be finished, take example from Chaos Twilight or/and Mystic Realm mod.

Hyperknux said:
He's right too, we're helping you doing a good mod by giving constructive critism. I am looking forward to this, but if you don't accept critism then your mod will never be good, it'll not even be worth it to play some minutes. Critism is useful, do never let him behind you, take this advice from a beta tester...

Brown the dog said:
Chisuun said:
HS, read that post thoroughly. That is what will make this mod fun. It seems as though you rush your levels, don't spend time and effort in them. In my opinion, it would be better to miss the current contest to finish the level so that it'll be fit for the next contest, rather than to rush it for the current contest.
He's right, you rushed White Acropolis and Crisis City, no wonder they were somehow a bit short. Levels shouldn't be finished in 3 or 4 days, they should have been more long to be finished, take example from Chaos Twilight or/and Mystic Realm mod.

Hyperknux said:
He's right too, we're helping you doing a good mod by giving constructive critism. I am looking forward to this, but if you don't accept critism then your mod will never be good, it'll not even be worth it to play some minutes. Critism is useful, do never let him behind you, take this advice from a beta tester...
Yeah, I read this, and I thought "no". I'm personally fed up with this cycle where everyone slams him, he gets overloaded, he lashes out, people bag on him for it, he calms down, he works diligently at it, he releases a new beta, and the cycle starts all over again. It's a good mod and I respect you for it, man, but I'm not going to be part of this discussion.

This is my last post on this topic.
That is all,
Angelus

Angelus_the_echidna said:
Yeah, I read this, and I thought "no"

I read that and thought, "no."

Angelus_the_echidna said:
I'm personally fed up with this cycle where everyone slams him, he gets overloaded, he lashes out, people bag on him for it, he calms down, he works diligently at it, he releases a new beta, and the cycle starts all over again. It's a good mod and I respect you for it, man, but I'm not going to be part of this discussion.

This is my last post on this topic.
That is all,
Angelus

Well, if that's your opinion, I won't get in your way.

........'>>

Seriously, just give him a chance at finishing this.

I mean just saying it sucks isn't helping him at all.

I am going to keep contributing to this mod since I have everything for it,
but seriously give him a chance to at least finish it.

HYPER SONILDOW said:
I don't know if it helped or not. I just SUCK okay! just admit it, I'm not that creative, I just try my best copying levels and you guys are all having critism to say. I just suck badly.I don't know what impresses you all and I don't know what people like. Why this mod sux badly, is because I think it's really cool, but then when I release it, you people critisize it. I just don't know what to do. This is too much for me. I don't know what else to make cool. I though that loops and trick ramps and some other cool stuff I putted in here was cool. What else do you think is awwsome? TELL ME PLEASE!!!!! This whole mod just sux because of me, I'm starting to get lazy. ( have you notice that when I create the levels real fast?) No there is no one to help me. I ask and then they bail. I ask and then they quit. I ask and then they leave. I think that what you guys think is then this mod gets old and then you guys just get bored. This stuff is about to make me say the 2 bad sad words The " I QUIT " words. I need some good ideas from some people, I didn't hear any ideas from anyone to make this mod awesome. I think a few times, but not any other ideas.
I FREAKIN SUCK AT MODS. If you ever ask me to make a mod, all I would do is mess it up and give you critisism. >~< I'm not giving up yet. I'm hanging in there barely.

Your attitude is negative. Shape up. Your self esteem has a large affect on your work.

As far as I can tell, you're too stressed about this. If someone comments about what they think isn't cool, just discuss it with them, and when you think you know what's better for the mod, make the changes. Remember that there's no deadline. If you're not having fun with making your levels, then don't work on them. Wait till later, or perhaps just work on something you'd have more fun with. If you can make something that you'd enjoy, you'll probably put in the time to ensure that it's quality work. And if there's anything this community will teach you, we prefer quality over quantity. ;)

Do you enjoy working on levels? If not, then quit working on them. How about characters? You could try screwing around with SOCs too. Whatever you do, enjoy it. And remember not to be bothered by criticism... pay attention to it, but remember that it's advice on how to improve your work. Discuss it, come to an agreement on what works best.

On a different note, I think this topic has lasted for far too long.... >_>

EDIT: Suck it, HTML.

............................ I'm taking critism now. Throw it all at me now. I was just stressed that night and blue warrior, this topic is not done yet this time I'm taking it for real. (Remind me if I get all mad at your critism Quote this post) Just throw it all at me. Give me all your critsism and I'll fix it. I'll take notes on my computer note pad, and complete them. Now I'm different (I'm not CRYBABY SONILDOW no more. I'm also waiting for kroze to come back and give me his critism.

HYPER SONILDOW said:
............................ I'm taking critism now. Throw it all at me now. I was just stressed that night and blue warrior, this topic is not done yet this time I'm taking it for real. (Remind me if I get all mad at your critism Quote this post) Just throw it all at me. Give me all your critsism and I'll fix it. I'll take notes on my computer note pad, and complete them. Now I'm different (I'm not CRYBABY SONILDOW no more. I'm also waiting for kroze to come back and give me his critism.
HURRAY!!!! You finally woke up!!!!

Anyway, to work your brain, here are the defaults in STH360Software:

-The HUD has problems, and the entrance to W/A leads to Eggman 2, instead of W/A:
srb20004.png

-After the W/O Mach Speed, it has an error saying "followed map 4 to invalid map 4000".

-White Acropolis and Crisis City are a bit short, try making them a bit more longer.

-C/C Mach Speed has too many boxes, and the last part's hard to pass.

That enough said, I'll let you with these problems to fix, but you should not only listen to me, listen to other persons with their critism.

EDIT: I forgot one more default/problem to fix:

White Acropolis, Crisis City and C/C Mach Speed can only be entered by using Level Select/Console Command: map mapXX, you need them to be accessed normally.

New Walkning frames

Heres my other sprite. silly me

I read what you posted Brown, I'll fix them.

EDIT: I'm missing my other sprite. Hold on be right back.......

Brown the dog said:
-The HUD has problems, and the entrance to W/A leads to Eggman 2, instead of W/A:
srb20004.png
Um...look at the picture again, you see where the wall got in the way of the camera which put the HUD out of place
Brown the dog said:
-After the W/O Mach Speed, it has an error saying "followed map 4 to invalid map 4000".
Don't use level select at any point in the Mod or you'll get that error

Brown the dog said:
-C/C Mach Speed has too many boxes, and the last part's hard to pass.
I didn't have to worry about that because I went Super Sonic :P

Brown the dog said:
White Acropolis, Crisis City and C/C Mach Speed can only be entered by using Level Select/Console Command: map mapXX, you need them to be accessed normally.
Since when did that happen? I've always been able to get to them normally

HYPER SONILDOW said:
New Walkning frames
Sweet! Those look awesome. But Sonic's legs need to be shortened by 1 or 2 pixels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back