STH360 (50 % done) continues elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silent_Snipe said:
Fix the level glitches from the previous beta as well as graphical glitches then i may take interest in it.

That will come SILENT SNIPE. In Software mode it's perfect in no lagging.

sonic260 said:
Brown the dog said:
HxK Retro said:
How long do you THINK it will take until its released?
When it's done
Wow I can't believe someone gave that answer again. Anyway don't rush him. Level making isn't that easy, especially if its a level pack. You always want to go back and change things that might not seem right, or and new things. Don't rush him. Try making a level yourself and you'll see what I mean

I wasn't talking about EXACT date, i was meaning estimated, like days, week, months or years. And im actually currently making a map. But so far it pretty much hasnt gone anywhere because im still learning how to make levels. Wheres YOUR levels Brown. Because I havent seen any.

HxK Retro said:
sonic260 said:
Brown the dog said:
HxK Retro said:
How long do you THINK it will take until its released?
When it's done
Wow I can't believe someone gave that answer again. Anyway don't rush him. Level making isn't that easy, especially if its a level pack. You always want to go back and change things that might not seem right, or and new things. Don't rush him. Try making a level yourself and you'll see what I mean

I wasn't talking about EXACT date, i was meaning estimated, like days, week, months or years. And im actually currently making a map. But so far it pretty much hasnt gone anywhere because im still learning how to make levels. Wheres YOUR levels Brown. Because I havent seen any.

Ok, I would say around December or November. Ok WOMS is not looking right at the first part and the lagg for it is almost gone, I can't seem to get rid of it, I keep deleting FOFs and making the thok barrier hug it more and a little lagg is left. Next Level!

WOMS...no. Mach Speed is a bad concept. Either it's going to be boring, or it's going to be really cheap (like Limestone Ruin Zone), or a combination of both. I vote against making a Mach Speed map.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
WOMS...no. Mach Speed is a bad concept. Either it's going to be boring, or it's going to be really cheap (like Limestone Ruin Zone), or a combination of both. I vote against making a Mach Speed map.
Do you mean take The mach speed zone off.

Mach Speed

That is EXACTLY what he means.
It's also somewhat difficult, at least to me.

Yeah thats what he means but umm sonichu, you know there is something wrong with your post right? You added "mach speed" to the subject. EDIT: how is it difficult?

With out MS zone, it is not a next gen mod.

No questions asked.

HxK Retro said:
Do you think I have skills to do it, if I had, I could help Sonildow, but since I haven't, I can't. So you better shut up already.

SilverESP said:

No questions asked.

Mach Speed is a bad concept, and it will only hurt the mod. Having it be only loosely based on next-gen is OK; in fact, that promotes a sense of originality. ^_^

Chisuun said:
Brown the dog said:
So you better shut up already.

No flame war please, kthx.
The term in this case is trolling, but correct in essentials. You would be wise to knock it off, Brown. This site has several flame wars caused by just one person being a jerk and angering others into action (me being one of them once).

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
SilverESP said:

No questions asked.

Mach Speed is a bad concept, and it will only hurt the mod. Having it be only loosely based on next-gen is OK; in fact, that promotes a sense of originality. ^_^

Then may it just be better to take out the wind sectors instead of removing the whole level? '>>

Ok SWSM what do you not like about the mach speed.
Angelus_the_echidna said:
Chisuun said:
Brown the dog said:
So you better shut up already.

No flame war please, kthx.
The term in this case is trolling, but correct in essentials. You would be wise to knock it off, Brown. This site has several flame wars caused by just one person being a jerk and angering others into action (me being one of them once).

Yeah there is alot of flame wars, I'm gonna have to take mangement classes. There is alot of jerks on this forum too. Why I get so mad all of a sudden is that I don't want jerks to run me, that's all =/

Mach Speed forces your character to go forward at all times. That completely removes any sort of exploration and makes non-linear design difficult as well. It also makes the player have much less control over their character's movement, thus killing fun and the point of Sonic games right there. It is very restrictive, if not dang near impossible, to put something challenging, fair, and enjoyable in a Sonic game when you're constantly forced to move forward.

Plus, if Sonic actually does move at about 700 mph in the video games, it's either going to be just some sort of pointless roller coaster that you can't even see anyway, making it boring. Alternatively, you'll also get a gigantic string of cheap hazards that the player could not possibly perceive beforehand, making it unplayable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back