StepMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Segmint

Hey, does anyone play it? I play KB all the time (KB means keyboard, not feet).

If so, what foot do you play, and do you use feet or fingers?

Honestly, I do maybe 14 ft on KB. I'm not that good, but everyone else I've shown it to thinks I'm amazing because I can play it on average. The true masters do like 28 ft...

Of course, I use one hand, not two.

The Blue Panther said:
Anduuuuuhhhh.... What is StepMania? Explanations win. You didnt know?
StepMania is a clone of Dance Dance Revolution, Pump It Up, Guitar Hero, TechnoMotion, Dance Maniax, Beatmania II, Pop 'n Music, and ParaParaParadise. In short, a rhythm game engine, usually used in its Dance Dance Revolution mode. The current stable version can play over a network and don't have Guitar Hero emulation (although it doesn't ship with skins for anything but the DDR and PiU modes), while the CVS versions presently leading to version 4.0 (current stable is 3.9) have emulation of all of these (although the skins are missing for all but the DDR emulation), and include new note types.

As for me playing SM, I do. I pad songs on a Mario Mix pad, and do up to 7 footers, but my practical limit is 6 footers.

I play stepmania! I have it on the mac. I play on the keyboard. I wish I had a windows though, so I could play the addon called Step'n music. (Pop'n music simulator on stepmania) I have an account on a website called bemanistyle. There are a lot of people who play Stepmania there. If you ever go to that site, search my account, Chao Freak. I'm also working on a theme, called chao mix. I'm also making Pop'n music characters for it. See you!

I used to have stepmania.. 'till I formatted my hard drive and lost my DDR mixes. Still have my metal and modded wooden dancemats in the corner of my room.

Well I've made a theme, and a noteskin... but of course, I would want to release it on my website, which doesn't exist (Flash).

But anyway, please list the ft. you play with, whether it be keyboard or pad.

Oh and by the way, StepMania supports PPP too. (Para Para Paradise)

Lol, I guess I would own a lot of people here in SM...

I WOULD LOVE TO OWN YOU PEOPLE

Hmm, maybe I should post a video or something?

By the by, I've been playing for maybe 3 years or so. I have it on my school computer also, and everyone that hears my keys walks over... and... yeah.

I've AAA'd all of the PlaugeMix songs on speed 1.2x and above (on Heavy).

Wow, seriously? I'd never thought anyone would post this.

Have done some "hard" songs, like sometimes 15 on keyboard, but usually, I just randomly press the keys. :razz: Don't count me wrong or anything, but, there are quite a few packs that might get some interest, maybe like the Videogame Megapack or Dog_E's Unreleased's. Seriously, both of them are hard for beginners, mainly because most of them are rated 10, and usually don't have Standard/Light/Beginner steps. There are a BUNCH of songs, and some weird ones as well.

EDIT: I play the game with a spread style, a style that is easier to hit the hands, which is probably most common in other places that aren't here. And yes, I also use Cmods, well, C400 to be exact. I don't care. Only sertain songs that I play is when I don't need to use the Cmods, mainly deltaMAX, a song that goes from 100 to 573 BPM. I only use that to improve my speed timing.

One more thing: If you can beat Quasar, C400, Index, 1.5x music speed, and can get at least a AAA, then you are REALLY good at Stepmania.(Mainly because Quasar is really hard, but it may not be for you, if you can get a AAAA even on 2.0x music speed. :razz: )

Playing DDR on a keyboard is about as pointless as playing Guitar Hero on a PS2 controller.

Shuffle said:
Playing DDR on a keyboard is about as pointless as playing Guitar Hero on a PS2 controller.

I do it on both, but I can do more ft. on keyboard, as most people can.

WELL WHATEVER, FEET ARE FEET, NO MATTER WHAT YOU USE

Lol, I should start posting videos or something.

I've been playing Stepmania since a few months after I first downloaded DDR 5th Mix and burnt it to play on my PSX. I do have a cheap foam pad, but it's hardly acceptable for my level of play. By hand I can consistently AA most step charts and on the rare occasion score a AAA.

However, I prefer to play on my feet on one of the three DDR cabinets at the arcade near here. These days I mostly play Stepmania to practice before I head out to the arcade, where I'm ridiculously close to attaining a real AAA. If I were going to play any rhythm game by hand obsessively it would have to be IIDX.

You know you could just make your own metal/wood/carpet pad if you want to, right? Maybe that would be better than... foam...

By the way, pfft AAA.

Try AAAAA (possible).

I've been looking into making something similar to this "laser pad", actually. Even a professionally made metal stage would move around on the carpet in my room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back