Starlight Palace help (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, how do you access the Mystic Temple in Starlight Palace? I've spent countless hours searching for this so called "button" that is supposed to open the door at the end of the level, near the emerald, leading to the Mystic Temple. If that's where this door leads to. The button is supposed to be somewhere, extremely well hidden earlier in the stage past the 1st checkpoint.

Also, someone said when you reach the end, instead of going outside towards where the emerald is, go straight on. Then you come to a puzzle with invisible floors.

My hands are numb with pain and my mind is about to explode with frustration. Hell, just making it past the moving bridges, leading up to the emerald, was an incredible feat for me to accomplish. And If I keep dying while trying to navigate through these so called "invisible floors" I'd have to go through those moving bridges all over again. I definitely don't want to do that again. So, right now I'm very confused as to what I'm supposed to do.

I managed to complete the stage with the emerald, and made two save files. So, I'd like to go back and activate the Mystic Temple, so I can acquire the Master Emerald. Also, what does acquiring the Master Emerald do?

So, If someone would be so kind, could they please give me exact directions as to where this button is and how exactly you find the Mystic Temple? For the love of god... Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I was messing around with ObjectPlace and found the button behind the waterfall, just before you run down a set of stairs It works on both sides of the level. The button gets rid of a wall obstructing the path to the Mystic Temple. I don't know how to get to that button, though. You have to pass through a solid wall, which means there's probably another button earlier in the level.
(hidden text)

EDIT: All of a sudden that hidden text doesn't seem so well hidden. Ah well. If people who don't want spoilers are reading a topic like this, that's their problem.

SPOILER ALERT

Right at the first fork after the first room, you'll want to turn left. Not sure of the path on the right, but I know how the left one goes.

After traversing over the top of the cliffs and into a staircase tunnel, you'll come across a river which branches up into a T, one branch sticking out of the level and another leading to the waterfall upstream, in which there is a switch in the river bank floor, which you must press with something special in order to open the door behind the waterfall.

(I suggest you stop reading here, attempt to figure out the riddle on your own and, if you need, check the next blue line for another hint. Only read further if you really have no idea what to do.)

You can push a certain gargoyle in that room. But only one will budge.

(Spoilers painted blue ensue below)

Jump on the block with the Super Ring box and from there jump to the pillar which corners with the upstream branch. The farther gargoyle will move. Drag it across the hallway as to drop it further than the switch, so that the current will drag it on top of the switch. After the switch has been pressed, enter through the door behind the cascade and hit the switch. From here on, proceed through the level as normal.

After reaching the room with the emerald, turn back and head to the hallway opposite of which you came, which is now open.

The invisible platform room is pretty much straightforward, you simply follow the direction the gargoyles are facing until you reach the next piece of land.

(You might want to go ahead and exploit a little something in Mystic Realm, by collecting at least 50 rings, all the emeralds and transforming into Super Sonic before clearing Starlight Palace =P)

After finding and activating the temple, simply backtrack to the emerald room and proceed to the exit.

SPOILERS END

As for what the Master emerald does, it's supposed to allow you to become Hyper Sonic, but Hyper has been "removed" from the game, and I believe you can no longer trigger him.

(Spoilers)

I managed to move a gargoyle on the switch that isn't surrounded by water, in the first waterfall room. Just jump up onto the green surface, just before the switch and jump onto the platform with the two gargoyles to the right, and move the right one off the platform and drag it onto the switch. This opens up the front path, behind the waterfall, to the switch. Then get past the moving platforms up to where the emerald is, go straight down the stairs, enter the newly open door, follow the invisible paths (the gargoyles show you the way), and activate the Mystic Temple, get the emerald, and beat the level. Then you will be sent to the Master Emerald!

It's much harder to access the gargoyle in the second waterfall room, and plus the switch is under water with a flowing current. although, I opened up both ways, to the switch anyway, the front path is much easier.

I finally got the Master Emerald! So, hyper sonic was removed? I this true? Well, I haven't beaten the game yet, I just arrived at Prismatic Angel Zone!

Oh, and one more thing, I managed to find a few emblems in a couple of levels. Is there something secret to unlock, if you collect them all? If so, how many emblems are there?

As of now, there isn't anything to unlock with the emblems. When Mystic Realm 4.4 comes out, after SRB2 1.09.4 does, the emblems will trigger something. Mystic just hasn't told us what (with good reasons).

As for your second question, each of the first two acts of a stage contain an emblem for each character, like the normal game. Prismatic Angel contains two emblems for Sonic and a final, secret Zone contains an emblem for Sonic. Check the statistics page to help you know which ones you have and which ones you don't.

EDIT: Silly me, Aerial Garden 3 also has three emblems of it's own.

Spoilers Sonic's one in AGZ act 3 was easy to get. At the beginning of the level go in the water and look for a smallish hole spindash in it and you are in a tunnal that goes in 4 parts. Look around the 4 parts until you see it 8) in other words look around the tunnal until you find it

HYPERKNUX, that isn't a hidden spoiler. You fail :D.

Anyway, good thing you've nearly conquered Mystic Realm, legaiaflame :).

Well, I finally did it. I conquered (beat) Mystic Realm! I'll tell you all one thing: It was hard as hell, but addictive. Now, just have to wait for the next version to be released. When is the next version of SRB2 and MR going to be released anyway?

legaiaflame said:
Well, I finally did it. I conquered (beat) Mystic Realm! I'll tell you all one thing: It was hard as hell, but addictive. Now, just have to wait for the next version to be released. When is the next version of SRB2 and MR going to be released anyway?

Wonderful. Now this is what I call a champion :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back