Starcraft II Beta Opt-In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eidolon

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Blizzard recently started the Starcraft II Beta Opt-In, where basically you send your specs and sign up and you're put on a list for them to pick and choose system specifications they want to test on.

http://www.battle.net/

In order to sign up, you require a Blizzard game that can connect to Battle.net (World of Warcraft included). I'm not sure if they segregate accounts based on which have Starcraft linked and which do not. Chances are they won't.

So I ask thee, Video Gaming. What do you think of this?

Well, the game is designed to scale really well - Blizzard's even stated that the game is playable on a decent single-core processor and a Radeon 9800. Now, Pentium III I don't think so but a bit higher and you might have yourself something.

[X] Not dying alone
[ ] Blizzard games

No offense, but Blizzard games aren't exactly the coolest things on Earth. Not in the sense that nerds play them, but you practically need to be a nerd to play them.

I hope my computer will be able to play this, I should make one of my friends sign up and copy the game for me and hope for offline play. :p

Furyhunter said:
Well, the game is designed to scale really well - Blizzard's even stated that the game is playable on a decent single-core processor and a Radeon 9800. Now, Pentium III I don't think so but a bit higher and you might have yourself something.
That's Pentium III and Radeon 9200. :P Oh, and I was kidding. I'm not into StarCraft, nor do I have any other BattleNET games.

Bigboi said:
[X] Not dying alone
[ ] Blizzard games

No offense, but Blizzard games aren't exactly the coolest things on Earth. Not in the sense that nerds play them, but you practically need to be a nerd to play them.

Glad I'm a nerd. I was 8-ish years old when I was playing Starcraft, and though I probably had little MP skill to speak of, I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to SC2. I was one of those that played it for the story (and StarEdit! <3) If I could find the old Starcraft games, I would be really tempted to opt in, but I'm not the sort for competitive play, and I'd rather be pleasantly surprised with the final product than be involved in the process. I never played Diablo, but I have had fun with Warcraft from time to time, though it never meant as much to me as Starcraft (which is why I'm not part of the WC3/WoW crowd).

I've got too many other things to do with my spare time to be a good beta tester anyway.

Bigboi said:
No offense, but Blizzard games aren't exactly the coolest things on Earth. Not in the sense that nerds play them (competitively), but you practically need to be a nerd to play them (competitively).
'thought I'd solve a few issues there.

The matchmaking is cool and all, but the games are so much more fun with friends where each of you know each other's strategies and having a Zerg rush is hilarious rather than stupidly annoying. It's a lot more relaxed and fun that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back