• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Stadust Speedway Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkman90

Yes, I was still working on this and no, I never left the SRB2 comunity. :P Anyway, I finnaly got this done. It is a racing map with custom music, walls, floors and skys based off of the original Sonic CD Level Stardust Speedway (The Present One). You can get it here.

Some Screen Shots:
SRB2007.gif

SRB2008.gif

SRB2009.gif

SRB2011.gif

SRB2012.gif

SRB2014.gif

SRB2015.gif

On a side note, I expect to get alot more into this map when the new version of SRB2 comes out, so consiter this to be kinda like a demo untill the new SRB2 version is out. ;) Enjoy.
UPDATED FOR 1.09!!!

First replay and I say ITS 1 OF THE BEST RACING WADS I HAVE PLAYED.But It could have been more stuff to it mackin it the best racing wad ever. 9/10

Yay, the textures I gave you were used =P

But you didn't use any of the cool stuff, like the animated texture, tubas or the goal sign. Still a cool raceway level though.

It's alright.. but what's up with the pitchblack room?? I had to turn my brightness up to full to see anything!

Some guy2 said:
Could have been longer. Kinda boring... 4/10. Great start though.

As I said in my side note, this is kinda a demo, since I plan to add way more when the new SRB2 version comes out. Trust me, it will be much bigger. ;)

MEMORY! Hitomi! MEMORY no gata mono!

'Kay.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it "bland," really; you've got all of the ideas already in this map, but you need to make them a bit more interesting complex. There are no massive threats in this level except for that poisonous pit thing (which I really believe you should change to a bottomless pit, unless you plan to add more springs near the beginning of the pit, similar to Techno Hill Zone Act 2). The enemies are no threat. At all. Whatsoever. I mean, they're just... there. Waiting to die. Very much.

But yeah. I think it's all right. For now.

Really neat. You should use 1-sided linedefs in your thok barrier, though, to prevent some of the visual glitching, and as a bonus it increases framerate.

I liked it a lot. How do you get the speedpads to work? I've tried to make one befor but it didn't work. Also where can I get those textures? :|

I should be shot. I found a different way. I just opened stardustspeedway in doombuilder and found out how to make one. :roll:

Poo, and I spent all that time extracting them for you. Oh well, you can still get them here.

Thanks anyway. Ok, so you all are probably wanting to know what's going on. Well see my new post in the editing section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back