SRB2MB Banners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the faces of the characters... They are playing a CTF game and having fun. THEY ARE HAPPY BECAUSE HAPPY PEOPLE ARE GOOD PR. YOU DON'T WANT THE PUBLIC TO THINK PLAYING SRB2 MAKES YOU SAD, DO YOU?
Seriously, chillax. I kinda liked marcsancessoftware's, but I don't think it's gooed enough.
BW: Dunno, I'm going to do one with jettys, eggman, and sonic, so your jetty needs might be satiated with it.

Chrispy said:
RedXVI
Sitting down at his picnic
Munchin on a sammich
srb20000.png

RedXVI's awesomefaic is optional
srb20000noawesome.png

The sammich is the only part I ripped from Google images.
[spoiler:447d3dddf3="Original sammich image"]
Cooking%20Mama%20sammich%20and%20Heavy.jpg
[/spoiler:447d3dddf3] I see the rough text edges, and have been working on them. I'll also replace the sammich if it clashes that much.

We did a purge of the banner rotation, so submissions are closed, obviously.

The reasoning behind the removals is multiple:

#1. The in-jokes in the banners were breaking critical mass. With the newbies that will be coming in, seeing a picture of a badly drawn tap-dancing Mystic will make no sense, and make the community look bad because without the in-joke the image looks terrible.
#2. Several of the banners involved holidays, and 3D models of Sonic. SRB2 doesn't have 3D models, and it's not Christmas, so those needed to go.

The only banners remaining are the ones with AJ's hand-drawn art and the same banner size, for a consistent style of the art in the logo and to prevent any issues with certain banners stretching the tables or pushing the forum display down when they loaded.

Edit: Unlocked topic so people can actually discuss this without making a new topic.

The reasons you listed are actually partly why I was hoping for a jettysyn gunner banner or something similar. Whereas a lot of other ideas would look inconsistent or not make sense to some newcomers, a banner with a jettysyn gunner would make sense to all SRB2 players (who've bothered to get to Castle Eggman Zone, anyway), it'd be relevant to the game, and it would look kinda cool.

Mystic said:
seeing a picture of a badly drawn tap-dancing Mystic will make no sense, and make the community look bad

And the newbies coming in make us look even worse, so why cater to them?

Bigboi, in-jokes don't discriminate by the intelligence of the newbie. An older, intelligent member would be just as put off by an MS Paint drawing as a 9 year old retard.

Now I'm even more sad. I was hoping the ctf one would last. that wasn't an inside joke or a badly drawn mystic. Why couldn't we keep the crawla one though. That made a good deal of sense.

Yeah, I'm quite sad the CTF one had to go, especially after the effort I made so it looked SSN-esque. Hope I can convince you guys of putting it back up someday. :P
Well, until then, I suppose this thread serves no other purpose than to talk about the current banners, so I'm editing the topic.

The Crawla one even used an SNN Tails Sprite, I think. I know sonikku did the TGF one. Don't know who did the one from the leak/ME

Jellybones69 said:
I think the CTF and Crawla should have been kept. It's not like they stretched the page much anyway.

Depending on your resolution it could be a disaster.
And first comments would be

EW, this forum sucks it messes up my pC! *runs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back