SRB2Kart Switch Pro Controller issues

Putuk

Hi, I've been playing SRB2Kart for a while and have been having issues with my Switch Pro Controller I use to play the game. I was hoping someone might be able to help me out.

The issue isn't that the game doesn't recognize the controller, it's rather that the controller behaves oddly in the game.

The default bindings for controllers make it so you use items by hitting the R button. For some reason, SRB2Kart doesn't recognize the R button at all.
My temporary fix was to simply bind the item button to Y (which by default is the rear view mirror, which I then bound to L, which unlike R IS recognized).

Now it may sound like I fixed the problem with that, but it runs a bit deeper. Oddly, on occasion, the game will then refuse to acknowledge the Y button as the item button and insist that clicking in the right stick is the item button. Naturally, that is an awful binding for using items. By continuously clicking in the right stick I can get the Y button to work again as the item button.
Additionally, sometimes the controller thinks the right stick input is being mashed and will use items automatically (or, when Hornmod is loaded, spam the horn). Clicking in the stick a bit usually calms it down and restores the Y button as the item button.

It should also be noted that SRB2Kart is the only game my controller has these issues with. Any other game I emulate or play on Steam works flawlessly with this controller.

This is such a peculiar situation, I have no idea how to deal with this. I'd really appreciate some help.

Last edited:
I never got a reply to this, so I'll answer myself with the solution I found:
Launch the game through Steam.

When launched via Steam, none of the above issues occur.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back